london, United Kingdom
London based but must be prepared to travel and work away from home if required
Digital Transformation / Software Engineering
Type of Contract:
Who can Apply
Graduates with a 2:1 or better in a Technology related subject or another subject if they have coding experience
Must be security clearable:
· UK/EU passport OR Indefinite Leave to Remain OR Right of Abode
· Resident in the UK for the last 5 years
· No criminal record
As part of the Digital Transformation practice, we are focussed on creating a modern architecture and software development practice that is capable of delivering cloud, digital and agile transformations to our clients. The ideal candidate will have a strong software engineering background, will have worked in large teams and/ or may have led teams of engineers, will be able to perform as a client-facing role, and will be willing and able to contribute to 6point6 internal Digital Transformation strategy, thought leadership and sales and marketing efforts.
· Work with senior engineers to deliver high-quality implementation and documentation for critical functionality.
· Work on a range of technology and business problems
· Operate in an agile environment as part of a scrum team and participate in sprint rituals.
· Work with members of multiple skills to understand designs, functional requirements and triage issues.
· Assist in the promotion and delivery of digital transformation engagements
· Interest in how to develop secure web applications
· Drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the application domain
· Good knowledge of open source and open standards
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt
· Strong written and verbal communication as well as strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to build rapport with team members and clients
· Some working knowledge of containers (Docker)
· Experience of working in Test Driven Development, test coverage, unit tests, feature tests and test automation
· Experience of DevOps tooling and Continuous Delivery
· Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design, including an ability to performance tune, profile and debug applications
· Knowledge of both traditional and agile delivery methods
· Knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes is highly desirable
· Knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches
· Ability to understand and challenge designs
· Strong work ethic and desire to succeed
6point6, provides Digital Transformation, Big Data and Cyber Security services that enable organisations to accelerate their return on investment and in doing so make distinctive, lasting, and substantial improvements to their Business and IT capabilities.
You will be working and learning from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the technology industry. Our architects, engineers, and delivery professionals are helping the world’s largest organisations to build their strategies, next-generation architectures and solutions.
We pride ourselves on our vendor-neutral approach to solution delivery. We always act in the interest of our clients to help them solve their complex and challenging business needs.