Chicago, United States
72,000 - 95,000
Albert (www.albert.io) is shifting the paradigm in education toward personalization. It functions as a 1:1 tutor that teachers can leverage to personalize instruction while offloading low-level tasks like content creation, grading, and data analysis. Albert is already used in 7% of U.S. of high schools and growing quickly.
A quick overview of our stack:
● The application is fully isomorphic using NodeJS to render application state/snapshots server-side where possible.
● Our API services are built with Elixir, Phoenix, and PostgreSQL.
● We run on Google Cloud using Kubernetes and Docker.
● We are constantly improving our automated test suites which focus on functionality and integration tests built on Selenium and InternJS.
We look for people who are passionate learners, work well in teams, and take pride in their work. It is not as important to us that engineers have specific experience with React, so long as they bring strong relevant experience.
The following skills are helpful:
● Expertise with writing HTML5 and CSS3 for mobile responsive web applications.
● Superior problem solving and prioritization skills. The ability to consider a solution for right now, a week from now, and a month from now and strike the right balance to deliver value to users.
● You’ll work some of the brightest, kindest, and most passionate people anywhere.
● You’ll have the satisfaction of watching your work reach millions of students and teachers each year and feel good about your impact on the world.
● You’ll get to use the most cutting-edge client and server-side tools available. There is no legacy code. All PR’s are peer-reviewed, code is documented and tested, and we take to refactor as the complexity of the app increases. You get to craft software you are proud of and ship in quick iterations with confidence.
● You will play a meaningful role in the ideation, user experience, design, and testing of new features.
Building the future of interactive learning has its perks...
● Health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a range of options, including the best BCBS PPO Platinum plan available.
● Flexible vacation policy. Take guilt-free vacations with no hard limit. Just be reasonable and considerate of the company and your teammates.
● A 401k plan. Save for retirement with a fully managed plan.
● A sweet office. A bright and open space in the heart of River North with top-of-the-line furniture.
● Snacks galore. Free coffee, La Croix, and unlimited Naturebox snacks to keep you going. Teammates bring baked goods to share all the time as well.
● Commuter benefit. Get up to $50 taken from your pre-tax paycheck and applied toward transportation and commuting costs.
● The best equipment. Everyone gets a Macbook Pro and whatever equipment setup they'd like (within reason).
● Standing desks. Anyone who wants one can have a standing desk.
● Monthly social events. Company-sponsored happy hours, dinners, and other social events.
● Annual company outings. Every year we do something big as a team.
● A super casual dress code.