You’ll create compelling visuals that drives traffic, increases engagement, inspires generosity, and brings our mission to life. You’ll be part of the Engagemnet Team that adheres to authenticity, innovation and hope.
Job Description - Visual Story Teller
As a Visual Story Teller at Bal Utsav, you’ll create authentic, thoughtful photographs for a variety of audiences. Reporting to the Engagement Lead, you’ll work on print and digital materials, including donor and stakeholder reports, presentations, marketing campaigns, and much more. You’ll collaborate with teams across the organization to design experiences for our donors to demonstrate their impact and evolve their relationship with Bal Utsav. As a member of the engagement team, you will make sure that our visuals thoughtfully communicate Bal Utsav's mission and impact.
- Fostering and strengthening the Bal Utsav brand across all digital and physical platforms
- You’ll own the management of the Production Queue process, triaging and scheduling incoming requests from stakeholders across the organization.
- You’ll work with the Senior Creative Producer to prioritize and execute multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a constant status of the overall queue.
- You’ll project manage select creative projects, facilitating meetings with appropriate stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met.
- You’ll frequently and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure they are in the know on the status of their requests.
- You’ll keep an eye on the processes and tools we use to manage projects, constantly looking for improvements, identifying and fixing gaps as needed
- You’ll work with the Senior Creative Producer to plan creative trips to the field, developing trip scope docs and preparing travellers for departure.
- Developing materials to inspire and engage everyone from our most impactful donors to new (and future!) supporters
- Designing for internal and external needs of departments across the organization
- Partnering with other members of the engagement team to brainstorm and cultivate innovative ideas
- 2+ years of professional photography experience
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of photography
- A high level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- A passion for learning and exploring new ideas
- A gracious love for critique and implementing feedback
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with Keynote and Canva
- Experience designing for a cause, purpose-driven brand, or a tech-startup
- You’re so organised, it’s embarrassing
- You pay remarkable attention to the smallest details and have meticulous organizational skills. Your closet and kitchen drawers are a testament to this skill: when something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
- You're a problem solver and a strategic thinker; you connect all the dots
- You find new and efficient ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency. You have strong communication skills and are detail-oriented and efficient. You love to identify people’s strengths and build processes to make things run more smoothly. You are analytical and you’re always on the look-out for potential issues so you can tackle them before they occur.
- You're a communication ace.
- You keep everyone in the know so that the job gets done efficiently and effectively. You know when to ask for help, when to listen, and when to speak up. You can multitask because you keep things in order. You're timely. And you leave breadcrumbs so others could figure out how you got the job done.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced environment, with people who are passionate about their work. You're excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and enjoy bringing people together to achieve a goal. People enjoy working with you because they know they can trust you.
- You're a team player
- You care more about the end result than about personal recognition. You genuinely love collaboration and the process of working together to accomplish the best final product.
- You love brand and design
- You recognise the power of good design, and you know how to build, maintain, and evolve a cohesive brand. You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You’re a multitasking machine
- You organise your work so you can handle a wide range of small projects at the same time without overlooking anything. You know when to choose progress over perfection, but you strive for excellence in every detail.
- You’re an excellent communicator and take feedback well
- You embrace constructive feedback as part of the design process. You’re an active participant in design reviews with our cross-functional design team.
The engagement team is a deeply passionate group of persons with love and passion for visual storytelling and includes designers, videographers, editors, social media strategists, and storytellers. They’re responsible for gathering inspiring content and crafting one-of-a-kind stories from the communities we serve. They help our amazing community of supporters be more aware of the global educational crisis, compelling them to take action.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) Bangalore, Karnataka.