Zoeterwoude, Zoeterwoude, Netherlands
We at BaseForce Solutions are seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer - Remote - Netherlands based candidates for one of our clients. Please go through the job description below, and if this opportunity interests you, I urge you to email me your updated resume, you phone number and the best time to reach you.
DevOps Engineer - Remote - Netherlands based candidates
Client Location Zoeterwoude (in the Netherlands)
Day Rate €500 per day
Remote work till further notice only NL based candidates
• OpenShift guru + CKA Certification
- Openshift/ kubernetes administration with level EXPERT
• OpenShift (administrator knowledge)
• Ansible (a lot)
• Python (a lot)
• Integrating OpenShift-Logging with external ELK stack and external Splunk using FileBeats/MetricBeats
• Integrating OPA (Open Policy Agent) in both the CD pipeline as well as AdmissionController into OpenShift
• Customizing OCP 4.x installation and configurations
• Maintenance of OCP 3.x installations
• Setting up Signature verification on OCP
• Customize Prometheus Monitoring with custom Rules and custom Grafana dashboards, integrating with Slack.
• Integrating AquaSec image scanning
• Integrating Velero as a (PV) Backup solution.
• Integrating Helm into OCP3
• Integrating Secret Management using CyberArk.
• Write a Demo “HelloWorld” application to demo Container Build Best Practices (Jenkinsfile, Dockerfile, Helm) and to demo both the CI and CD pipelines.
• Write an interactive LAB workshop for on-boading people to Container concepts.
• We are the COE on Containers, we explain and advocate the concepts of GitOps and Containers in the form of Presentations, Guilds, Pair programming and regular support.
• Develop (python) and maintain a secure image promotion pipeline (from DEV to PROD), that performs image integrity and signature verification, AquaSec image scanning, and custom security controls using OPA. It adheres to GitOps and Peer
Review processes as a self-service process for end-users.
• Develop (ansible) and maintain several Kubernetes Operators:
- vSphere-Operator that can create vmware resources (e.g. VM, Folder, Cluster, Datastore) in vSphere Cloud.
- OpenShift-Operator that can install OCPv4 clusters (similar to IPI/MCO).
Writing a light-weight “Cloud-Orchestrator” (based on K3s + ArgoCD) that can be run from anywhere (cli,jenkins,ocp) to bootstrap and manage any cloud-infrastructure environment (dynamically loads those Operators on a ‘need’ basis).
• Develop custom operators in response to business demand.
• Deploy additional OCP clusters on a regular basis for Business demand.
Next year: Offer OCP in the Cloud (AWS)
• GitOps FTW!
• Automate Everything (for DR purposes: pets vs cattle: don’t fix, but redeploy)
• Customer Self-Service (no manual service requests)