Compliance is key to ensures Bitit’s products and processes meet the wording and spirit of regulatory requirements in efforts to make Bitit safer for our customers, employees and shareholders.
The role will assist the Chief Compliance Officer in the coordination of KYC/Onboarding, Investigations and Compliance Tools and Risk Analytics teams, the maintenance of effective anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) policies and procedures, systems and controls. The role will require extensive cross functional collaboration and frequent third party and regulator interactions.
- You will participate and assist the Chief Compliance Officer in defining and monitoring the improvement of the technical and human system for monitoring Money Laundering / Terrorist Financing (ML / TF) risks.
- Oversee all operational elements and essential internal and external relationships associated with payment disputes and chargebacks. This includes developing understanding of our KPIs and costs.
- Monitor real-time queues to review high-risk transactions, clients, from specified data models.
- Drive innovative, technology-focused compliance solutions Conduct risk assessments and internal investigations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to mitigate compliance risk.
- Work with the engineering and operations resources to create robust compliance and control systems.
- Get involved in new business initiatives, from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
- Work closely with the product teams to build a product that delivers a great user experience whilst also ensuring we meet regulatory requirements and deliver good outcomes for customers/markets
- Think globally, and using a risk based approach, design and oversee the implementation of enterprise-wide AML and CTF policies and procedures and strategic processes and controls.
- Maintain relevance of the AML policies, procedures, processes and systems in light of changing threat and/or regulatory landscapes, as applicable
- Carry out regular assessments of the adequacy of systems and controls to ensure that risks are managed effectively.
- Provide guidance to the business teams on existing and upcoming regulatory requirements and potential product changes as a result.
- Ensure Bitit’s documentation framework and Bitit’s global program controls, including sanctions, AML investigations and KYC are up to date.
- Build and maintain Bitit’s relationship with it’s regulated partners and applicable EMEA regulators as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Passion for financial services and crypto. Understanding of the Institutional space, including in the traditional finance, payments industry an/or crypto industry.
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to resolve issues.
- Experience with fraud, chargebacks, and payment disputes.
- Payment services/e-money experience is beneficial but not required.
- Experience in managing, developing and administering internal controls and processes, but not required.
- Experience of conduct risk management within a consultancy, compliance function or a regulator, but not required.
- Self-motivated, confident and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills in English.
- Superior planning and time-management skills.
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Modern office in the center of Paris
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!