A note for recruiters - I'm afraid we have a preferred suppliers list and aren't currently looking for new recruitment partners.
If you're a creative with practical technical skills, this could be the role for you.
We would like to see your experience producing high quality visuals for digital interfaces, and implementing them using HTML, CSS and other basic front-end technology.
Show us that you understand how people use and build web and mobile interfaces, and can demonstrate your approach, embracing the fundamentals of UI design with a pragmatic application of UX techniques and standards. You'll be working with both development teams and clients who expect a consistently high standard of work.
Most importantly, we want someone who is always looking to better themselves, with a keen eye to detail and a desire to experiment and play.
So, if you feel you tick some or all of the following boxes, what are you waiting for? Let's hear from you!
- UI design abilities. Making products that look and feel great.
- Experience using design software such as Sketch, Adobe suite, or whatever suits you to get the job done.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and approaches to UXD. How to compile sitemaps, wireframes, personas, etc.
- Thorough semantic HTML, CSS and Sass (or similar) knowledge. Not relying on frameworks like Bootstrap. You must feel comfortable being able to quickly and accurately implement your and other designers' visuals in code.
- Knowledge of Git version control, and modern best practices regarding merging and code reviews.
- Desire to constantly improve and experiment. We want our whole team to help drive us forward.
- Clear speaking and writing abilities. Communicating ideas effectively is an essential skill.
- Experience working within agile development teams, and directly with clients.
- Commitment to the values that define Bliss: To be honest, loyal, and open; to be the best at what we do; and to understand and care about our customers.
Where is the job based?
Ideally, we're looking for someone to work from our Manchester office. However, we will consider remote workers and individuals based near our Amsterdam office.
Is this full time?
Ideally, yes, but we will consider part-time applicants.
How much experience do I need?
This is ideally a middleweight position, so 5-6 years would be spot on. However, don't let this put you off - we'd love to hear from newbies and old hats as well if you think the job sounds right for you!
What does the role pay?
We expect to pay good people well, so tell us your expectations and we'll do our best to meet them.
What are the benefits of working at Bliss?
- New office for 2019, complete with full fit-out
- £500 individual annual training budget, plus additional budget for group activities
- Monthly social budget - staff that play together, stay together!
- Holiday loyalty scheme - earn up to 30 holidays per year
- Cycle to work scheme
- Relaxed working from home policy
- A generous pension scheme
- Brand new Mac for all new staff
- Employee purchase scheme, to help you buy headphones and bags
- Eyecare policy to pay for tests and lenses
- and more planned!