Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience project in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America.
Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations. Among other diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Blue Planet Energy is proud to join over 1,000 other companies in signing the CEO Action Pledge that promises to act on creating a more inclusive workplace for employees, communities, and societies at large.
If you are excited to support a high performing, mission-driven organization to go to even greater heights, we invite you to apply for our Chief of Staff position!
The Chief of Staff reports directly to the CEO and provides day-to-day human resources, administrative and business support to ensure wellbeing of staff and company culture.This position works closely with our leadership team to improve our productivity, streamline strategic initiatives, oversee program management, and support engagement across departments. The Chief of Staff oversees organizational systems to ensure effective and efficient operations and performance. This position is responsible for assisting in creating and promoting activities that encourage high employee morale and ensuring staff is equipped with the resources to be productive and engaged in the mission and goals of the company.The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Talent & Culture Management:
- Develop and manage HR processes, systems, tactics and strategies across the organization.
- Maintain and find ways to continuously improve our benefits programs and their value to staff.
- Manage the acquisition, recruitment, and on-boarding processes.
- Manage employee relations by responding to employee questions, assisting with resolving issues and grievances. Assists in the development of employee surveys.
- Work on special projects, such as research for information on projects and initiatives.
- Assess the Company’s existing performance evaluation practices, external benchmarking, and compensation philosophy, and refine and implement the annual performance evaluation cycle.
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and department heads with regard to best practices in employee engagement, change management and performance measurement, with an emphasis on organizational culture, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ensure adequate employee education on all policies and protocols outlined in the Team Handbook; recommend improvements to policies and protocols in line with best practice and the organization’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and enforce company policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Support current and future business needs through helping to facilitate the development, engagement, motivation and retention of employees.
- Work with management and employees to establish and nurture a positive working environment.
Diversity Equity & Inclusion Initiatives
- Coordinate initiatives to improve DE&I training & development performance excellence; lead specific improvement initiatives.
- Facilitates DE&I training for teams and leadership
- Leads and participates on cross-organizational project teams to design, improve and implement diversity programs and initiatives; ensures effective delivery.
- Leads the development and monitoring of metrics focused on measuring the effectiveness of diversity initiatives.
- Champions an inclusive work environment; demonstrates inclusive behaviors through actions and communications.
- Maintains a strong awareness of diversity issues and trends; educates others on the team and across the organization on diversity issues; coaches and mentors’ line and corporate human resources on diversity issues and trends.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of diversity strategy, policy and process documentation. Leads and manages the annual financial and operational planning for diversity groups or specific diversity initiatives.
Community & Culture
- Organize and promote community engagement opportunities for staff.
- Ensure adequate opportunities for internal team building through retreats and other events.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field desired. SHRM and/or HCI certification preferred
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with general office software including MS Office and MS Excel, cloud-based knowledge repositories and online communications tools.
- Strong communication skills, high emotional intelligence, able to work with a variety of personality types
- Knowledge of employment/labor law and HR best practices
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Experience with budget management
- Ability to effectively build and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of our organization
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to respond with professionalism in verbal as well as written communications
- Ability to work well both in a team environment as well as operate independently with minimal supervision
- Full time position
- Geographically flexible. Must be close to an international airport. Preferably in areas of company operations (Bay Area, CA or Chicago, IL).
- Health, dental, vision benefits and paid time off included
- 401k match
- On the job training
- Salary depending on experience.
Prepare an original cover letter explaining exactly why this position appeals to you and your relevant experience. Submit your cover letter and resume.