Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience project in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America. Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations. Among other diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Blue Planet Energy is proud to join over 1,000 other companies in signing the CEO Action Pledge that promises to act on creating a more inclusive workplace for employees, communities, and societies at large. We are delighted to open a new opportunity within the company for a Regional Sales Manager. The position can be done remotely and will involve frequent online presentations to partners and prospects as well as travel for business development.
Regional Sales Manager: California
Our team’s Regional Sales Managers are the front lines of working with our dealer network and strategic customers to make clean energy projects happen. This position will include our California market territory -- a strong and expanding market for our products -- with opportunities to expand in the future. Products will include our residential and commercial solutions, including turnkey financing for commercial solar and energy storage installations. The position will report to the Head of Sales.
In this role, you will have broad responsibility in working on tasks as assigned by the Company’s management representatives including but not limited to:
- Following annual sales plan in support of the Company’s strategy and objectives.
- Meeting company quarterly sales goals
- Building Channel Network.
- Develop relationships with strategic partners.
- Develop, maintain and track relevant incentive programs
- Train Channel partners on “The Blue Ion Way of Sales”.
- In field sales training with Channel Partners.
- Maintain and update records for leads, accounts and sales in CRM.
- Accurately price Blue Ion systems.
- Track closing ratios and sales incentives.
- Continually work to increase closing ratios of leads.
- Ensuring communications are coordinated with Channel partners and operations.
- Recommending sales strategies for improvement based on field experience.
- Track RFP/RFI/RFQ opportunities to ensure Blue Ion exposure.
- Perform in house training seminars.
- Work with Channel on marketing strategies, press releases, and Blue Ion open houses.
- Continuous increase of monthly sales.
- Motivate Channel Partner staff, inform management, and establish successful results-oriented relationships.
- Travel as necessary for conferences, speaking engagements, projects and channel relationships.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales role in B2B companies with track record of building strong relationships and repeat customers.
- Consistent use of digital tools to track and report on sales efforts including CRM and document repository.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain technical products.
- (Preferred) 2+ years of experience in selling financed products and in the green/sustainable or building products industries.
- Position will be primarily Work From Home with location ideally in the Northern California. Remote applicants considered also as long as easily accessible to travel throughout California.
- Primarily remote work with travel (~25% time) for visiting customers, prospects, partners.
- Health, dental, vision benefits and paid time off included
- Salary range $65,000-85,000 plus sales commissions.
- Prepare an original cover letter explaining exactly why this position appeals to you.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and one example of your work in one of the following categories:
- Sales presentation (slides or other format)
- Recorded sales or educational presentation (audio and/or video)