Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience project in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America. Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations. Among other diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Blue Planet Energy is proud to join over 1,000 other companies in signing the CEO Action Pledge that promises to act on creating a more inclusive workplace for employees, communities, and societies at large. We are delighted to open a new opportunity within the company for a Service Center Manager.
Operations is at the heart of Blue Planet Energy's business. We are known for our high quality, accuracy and exceptional service. Our Team delivers the highest quality products on-time for each order. Our operations are growing with Manufacturing in the US Midwest and fulfillment centers in multiple locations across the United States. The Customer Orders Coordinator is responsible for assisting day-to-day customers, processing sales orders and arranging shipments.
LOCATION: Remote/Work From Home (Ideal CST, MST, PST)
START DATE: February 2021
POSITION TYPE: Full Time with benefits (health, dental, vision, PTO and separate sick leave)
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to apply for the position.
- Process Sales Orders from Dealers for various products.
- Successfully plan and track shipments from the 3PL to customers.
- Builds rapport with customers and works to ensure they receive excellent service.
- Process and generate invoices for all customers.
- Provide timely information for customers - delivery dates, tracking information, others.
- Costing & scheduling of LTL or FTL.
- Prepare any required documentation for shipping (example IMO, BOL).
- Work across multiple platforms to process orders and coordinate shipping.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to continue to develop and streamline the sales pipeline management.
- Communicate with the Supply Chain Team to plan inventory accordingly.
- Trouble-shoot shipment issues and file claims when applicable.
- Escalate critical issues to senior management in a timely manner.
- Assist in design and implementation of key processes improvements and tools.
- Ensure that orders shipped are recorded in the inventory system by the end of the month.
- Update billing, shipping information or any other changes to customer accounts.
- File documentation related to the Sales Orders and maintain records of shipping cost.
- As required, confirms credit status of customers with the financial/credit department.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, related to customer orders, shipping and logistics.
- Highly detail oriented and takes pride in keeping records up to date, using business systems.
- Ability to maintain good customer relationship and manage multiple ongoing tasks.
- Must function well with minimum supervision. Good organizational skills. Ability to function independently and plan activities required for the day/week to ship orders in timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required to communicate job specifications and for regular formal and informal communication with customers, staff and outside business.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and start-up like environment.
Required Education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience in Customer Service, Logistics and/or Purchasing, working for a Manufacturing company is a plus
- Experience using CRM and ERP systems.
- Must possess computer skills and ability to work across multiple platforms concurrently.
- Bilingual English and Spanish, a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.