Honolulu, United States
About Blue Planet Energy Systems, LLC
Blue Planet Energy is changing the way we power the world by accelerating clean energy adoption through reliable, safe energy storage. With Blue Ion – the industry’s most powerful, most reliable, and safest energy storage solution – Blue Planet Energy customers are experiencing true freedom from the old monopoly utilities. Powered by safe lithium batteries, the Blue Ion energy storage system is guaranteed to deliver a higher-quality, longer-lasting solution at the industry’s lowest cost of ownership. From our base in Honolulu, Hawai’i, we have delivered our product to over 20 US states, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada and continue to expand into new markets.
Blue Planet Energy has under development several exciting new product innovations to ensure that our product remains the most reliable and to provide a delightful experience to all our customers. We are seeking a motivated software developer to contribute to a sophisticated on-site hardware platform that interacts with a robust API-driven cloud-based infrastructure. You will join a team of passionate, talented people who live Aloha as you support our mission to eliminate the use of carbon-based fuels. The position will involve prototyping, testing, software release management, and development using Python. This position will be based at our Honolulu, HI facility and will work directly with the R&D team. The position is a summer internship (8-10 weeks) and is supported by our partner, Elemental Excelerator, who will handle the hiring paperwork.
• Develop and test hardware and software functionality with renewable energy systems.
• Work with internal and external product teams to identify and specify high priority functionality to implement.
• Work under guidance of product lead to implement functionality to be coherent with overall product strategy and existing framework.
• Research and suggest integration of additional components that can add value to the product and support its overall vision.
• Write tests coverage for existing or new functionality.
• Automate test cases and processes using Python.
• Report and track bugs from opening to closure after verification.
Other duties as assigned.
• Linux environment and programming (preferably with Python) expertise.
• Self-directed and able to work independently.
• Analytical and data driven: You are experienced with spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets) and mathematical computing software such as MatLab. You enjoy crunching numbers to solve problems.
• Attention to detail, pride in the craft of coding, and familiarity with software development best practices.
• A Problem Solver: creativity and rigor in approach to tackling challenges.
• Prior project experience with embedded hardware development
• Hardware and software product development and prototyping experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Familiarity with time-series database development
To apply, please provide a resume and cover letter.