About Blue Planet Energy
Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience project in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America. Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations. Among other diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Blue Planet Energy is proud to join over 1,000 other companies in signing the CEO Action Pledge that promises to act on creating a more inclusive workplace for employees, communities, and societies at large. We are delighted to open a new opportunity within the company for a Product Marketing Manager.
About This Position
Do you love a great story? Can you study an audience and craft a message? Have you ever dove deep into engineering reports, and returned to the surface with a brilliant gem of an idea?
The Product Marketing Manager combines a strong technical and analytical background with a deep interest in customers and what drives them. We are looking for that unique blend of strong left-brain and right-brain thinking. You’re naturally curious, and seek to understand all aspects of technology. You’re also a great storyteller, and can instinctively tell when a topic resonates with your audience. You have launched many new products and platforms, and created all sorts of tools and materials to enable sales and marketing teams to achieve success.
- Support company efforts to develop, launch and scale products in a way that builds sustained brand loyalty and product margins.
- Foster a deeply collaborative relationship with Sales and Customer Service, and continually empower them with new messaging and materials that enhance the customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute product launches, including defining product messaging and go-to-market strategies, scoping campaign strategies, and creating marketing materials and sales tools to support.
- Manage all market research programs, including (i) performing customer interviews and surveys, (ii) investigating technical subjects and issues, and (iii) preparing research reports with detailed market requirements and recommendations on product strategy.
- Analyze product performance and economics, then (i) develop models for comparison to competitive offerings and (ii) write whitepapers and other marketing materials to explain these analyses to customers.
- Act as an evangelist for the product and company by (i) participating at events and conferences, (ii) writing blog posts and bylined articles, and (iii) creating hosted videos and other multimedia content.
- Be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and possesses the ability to pivot quickly to keep up with rapidly evolving market and customer dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Marketing/Management role in both B2C and B2B companies with track record of brand building success.
- Strong abilities with creative/digital tools (eg Adobe suite: photoshop, in design, product photos and renders, etc).
- Strong understanding of content strategy, digital marketing and the creative processes.
- (Preferred) 2+ years of experience in the green/sustainable or building products industries.
- Location is ideally in the Bay Area, California. Remote applicants considered also as long as easily accessible to the area.
- Combination of remote work and in person (eventually)
- Health, dental, vision benefits and paid time off included
- Prepare an original cover letter explaining exactly why this position appeals to you.
- Submit your cover letter, resume, and one example of your work in each of the following categories:
- Whitepaper or technical article
- Sales tool such as data sheet or product presentation
- Marketing tool such as a solution brief, blog post or multimedia asset