Richmond, CA, United States
Starting at $25/hr
Blue Planet Energy is a rapidly growing mission-driven company changing the way we power the world with safe, reliable battery systems. We build premium products that enable renewable energy adoption and energy security. Our products power the largest energy resilience project in the US and assure the dependability of critical infrastructure, businesses and homes from Hawaii to the Caribbean and from Canada to Central America. Blue Planet Energy strives to represent the communities we serve and to establish an inclusive model to drive our movement forward. We know our global mission cannot succeed without a diversity of talents, experiences, and perspectives bringing forward new solutions, approaches, and innovations. Among other diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, Blue Planet Energy is proud to join over 1,000 other companies in signing the CEO Action Pledge that promises to act on creating a more inclusive workplace for employees, communities, and societies at large. We are delighted to open a new opportunity within the company for a Service Center Manager.
Operations is at the heart of Blue Planet Energy business. We are known for our high quality, accuracy and exceptional service. Our Team delivers the highest quality products on-time for each order. Our presence is growing with 2 Service Centers across the United States. As a Service Center Manager you'll be responsible for assisting day-to-day Operations, the Product Team and Customer Support.
LOCATION: Richmond, California
START DATE: December 1, 2020
● Order warehouse supplies and/or inventory parts.
● Responsible for accurate and timely shipping and receiving of parts, materials, finished products & returned products. Maintaining accurate shipping/receiving documentation.
● Establish and maintain inventory control systems for all raw, finished materials and returned product; keep inventory current at all times; notify Operations of any inventory shortages.
● Process RMAs to accommodate customer returns, test product returned and document results of the testing. Successful refurbish returned products and maintain an inventory of refurbished spare parts to fulfill future RMAs. Returned parts are a key source of information on opportunities to improve our products. Understanding the root cause of failure enables us to increase quality, reduce cost of service and improve customer satisfaction.
Responsible for successful and timely assembly of accessories or parts of the products.
● Monitor and provide for the quality assurance of any finished or refurbished product, and delivery date deadlines necessary for each sales order.
● Assist to the product R&D Team.
● Perform Customer Support duties providing basic customer support work (computer-based) and field support testing.
● Establish and maintain designated work areas and arrange as needed; ensure orderly and safe conditions at all times. Ensure proper working condition of work areas, grounds, trucks, tools, fixtures and equipment; arrange for repairs/replacements as needed.
● Recommend tools, fixtures, equipment or layout changes to improve workflow and productivity. Recommend improved methods, records, etc. to enhance quality and efficiency.
● Arrange for regular removal and recycling of appropriate production boxes, plastics, paper, etc.
● Perform other duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by Supervisor.
● Operate vehicles and forklifts when necessary.
● Must function well with minimum supervision. Must be a detail-oriented individual with good organizational skills. Ability to function independently and plan activities required for the day/week to assist Operations, Product Team, Customer Support.
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English required to interpret and relay job specifications, prepare reports etc., as well as for regular formal and informal communication with staff, customers/workers and outside business.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and start-up like environment and manage multiple ongoing projects and tasks.
● The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
● 2-3 years of business experience, preferably in a warehouse/production/repair setting desired.
● Maintain current safety trainings (OSHA, forklift certification, or others)
● Operational knowledge of a variety of production equipment required (including tools, fixtures, storage equipment, etc.) Must demonstrate good safety practices.
● Experience in reverse logistics, a plus.
● High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or other technical training is preferred.
● A valid driver's license. Must be capable of driving a forklift.
● Knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, and/or Access)
● 10% Domestic Travel