We are looking for an expert pulmonologist to be responsible for the respiratory health of our patients. This will include treating breathing disorders, severe allergies, and other lung conditions and diseases. You should be able to effectively diagnose patients and suggest a successful course of treatment.
To be successful as a pulmonologist you must show empathy and compassion towards your patients and be knowledgeable in specialist procedures, such as pleural biopsies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consulting with patients to understand their symptoms and health concerns.
- Diagnosing and treating conditions, such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.
- Using and interpreting pulmonological exams and tests to aid in the diagnosis of cardiopulmonary diseases and conditions, including CT scans, chest fluoroscopies, ultrasounds, and bronchoscopies.
- Performing various specialized procedures in order to acquire samples of the chest wall lining or the lungs, for further analysis.
- Advising cardiothoracic surgeons of the risk status of patients and recommending interventions to minimize risk, especially in tuberculosis cases.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research into the testing and development of new medications and methods of treatment.
- Providing immunizations against preventable cardiopulmonary diseases.
- Maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Referring patients to cardiothoracic surgeons, when necessary.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree.
- 4 years’ internship and clinical residency training, specializing in pulmonology.
- Valid and active medical license.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Flexible working hours.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs