Contractor (must be available to provide 15-20 billable client hours/week) seeing clients in-person 3 to 4 days a week (including some evenings) and also by video-conferencing. This position is for a self-employed contractor.
This position is well suited to a practitioner who can work with clients on multiple levels. This includes practical career development coaching, as well as transformational coaching. If you are skillful in working with clients on the mental, emotional and even spiritual level then this position is for you.
At least 2+ years counselling experience (i.e. served at least 150+ clients across different industries and career stages, and providing one on one career coaching or career counselling for career transition and job search).
Knowledge of career development is essential. Certification in Professional Coaching and/or Degree or sufficient course work in counselling or psychotherapy required. Masters degree in counselling or Education an asset, coaching certification an asset, HeartMath licensed practitioner an asset. Training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Solution Focused Coaching an asset. Post graduate career practitioner courses an asset.
1. Deliver effective holistic career counseling and life coaching services to executive and other clients in person and to national and international
clients via phone and/or video conferencing.
- Provide one on one career counseling and executive coaching following the guidelines of the Careers by Design model and solution.
- Assist clients with career development, career transition, job search and other career challenges
- Teach skills to enable clients to build resilience and manage stress and emotions relating to their career challenges.
- Assist clients with job search tactics (resume editing, interview coaching, networking etc.).
- Consistently enable client success by supporting clients to achieve their goals.
2. Customer Service & Sales
- After the first meeting, recommend best course of action to the client and enrol in program, if appropriate.
- Follow up with leads and prospective clients according to our guidelines.
- Keep clients engaged In the coaching process for 2 months to one year. Continually assess clients' needs and provide solutions.
- Confidently communicate the value of career counselling to leads and clients.
- Continually assess clients' needs and support progress.
3. Maintain records & information about clients & leads.
- Use business systems to keep client records current.
- Use business systems to keep client record current
- Strong social and emotional intelligence - ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of clients from new graduates to senior business leaders.
- Motivated to help others. Warm and caring.
- Spiritual capacity: presence, compassion and acceptance.
- Passionate about and engaged in own professional and personal development.
- Honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Displays a high level of professionalism with team and clients.
- Tech savvy - ability to use current technology with ease.
How to Apply?
- Please complete the Careers by Design Career & Life Coach Questionnaire in full - click here
- Click on the apply button below and submit your resume and cover letter.