Are you a motivated, self-starting writing professional? Does working from your own home office and helping clients define their brand and boost their chances of career success excite you? Are you enthused by helping others feel more connected to themselves and learn how to present and articulate their accomplishments? Do you have experience writing resumes for senior professionals/executives, mid-career & starting out professionals?
If you’re nodding your head to all those, then join our team of like-minded, heart-centred career professionals at Careers by Design. We’re one of the fastest growing career services companies in Canada and aim to be the brand of choice for thousands of working professionals who desire More Happy Mondays and need a little or a lot of help to get there!
This position is for a part-time contractor who is able to take on 3-5 clients a week and maintain maximum 3 business day turnaround on materials to clients.
- Conduct highly professional and motivating intake interviews over Zoom video-conferencing. All client-facing work is done remotely from your own (home) office.
- Conduct phone chats to advise leads of our services and why they should choose us
- Work with our clients to help them better articulate their strengths and talents into finely crafted marketing materials that turn heads and win interviews.
- Use and adhere to our Careers by Design accomplishments-based resume framework and model.
- Provide edits and revisions of documents.
- Maintain quick turn-around times, as per agreed upon deadlines with management.
- Maintain record-keeping of client work in CRM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong educational background supporting superior writing skills.
- Exceptionally talented at asking key questions & drawing out accomplishments from an interview setting.
- High attention to detail.
- Knowledge of various industries.
- Understanding of how to write resumes and marketing materials for individuals pursuing a career transition.
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems and how to write resumes that pass through.
- Adept at customer service.
- Ability to write with empathy and understanding.
- Ability to create resumes and marketing materials with a highly polished design and look.
- Proficiency in Word, InDesign and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment with quick access to updates via email.
- Minimum 5 years experience writing resumes for all levels: executives, mid-career and starting out.
- Experience in recruiting, HR or career counselling an asset.
To apply, please submit the following via email to Founder, Shirin Khamisa: email@example.com
- Cover letter and resume expressing your interest and fit for the role
- Portfolio of before-and-after resumes for each of the following career stages: starting out (<5 years experience), mid-career (>5 years experience) & senior professionals . We ask that all the resumes be in accomplishments-based format.