Jobs at Change Healthcare
Medical Record Field Reviewer Position Description
Change Healthcare Company is a total solutions partner for healthcare data auditing and analytics. Change Healthcare provides end-to-end solutions to help improve payment integrity data to support accreditation programs, and meet regulatory requirements. Change Healthcare’s nationwide network of registered nurses, certified coders and medical professionals work to acquire, audit, and analyze data for healthcare organizations. We specialize in: CMS-HCC Risk Adjustment, HEDIS Medical Record Reviews, Accreditation and more.
Regarding the Position
The Project the Field Reviewer would be hired is titled “HEDIS or PIA.” HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set) is a review “Report Card” for Health Plans to ensure they are providing the quality care and services to the members they insure. PIA (Payment Integrity Audit) ensures that Health Plans are billing correctly through the Centers for Medicare Medicaid.
We hire RNs, LPNs, Certified Coders, RHIT or RHIA, Medical Assistants, Certified Nursing Assistants and other healthcare professionals to work as Medical Record Reviewers (Field Reviewers). We also consider Medical Records professionals that have a minimum of two (2) years hands on medical records experience EMR, EHR experience a plus.
Field Reviewers visit physicians' offices to retrieve and review specific requested documents from medical records. A Field Reviewer Advocate is assigned to help plan daily activities and manage work flow. Change Healthcare will schedule and confirm appointments to ensure efficiency. Computer equipment is provided for scanning charts and transferring files to our secure file transfer site. Help Desk assistance for both IT support and medical record retrieval is available. We offer competitive wages, provide thorough training in the use of our technology, and HIPAA compliance training.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Travel to medical facilities or provider offices in specified areas to complete review services.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with care provider offices, clinics, hospitals, other clinical facilities.
· Accurately and efficiently manage paper medical records, or an EMR/EHR platform to retrieve information.
· Scan relevant components of the medical record to support reviews performed.
· Upload extracted medical records per assignment.
· Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
· Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations.
· Present a professional appearance and attitude when on assignment. Business attire is required for all appointments.
This is a non-clinical position. Work is project based and is not considered to be full-time permanent employment.