Production Engineer, Charleston, West Virginia
Our client was the first in the world to develop an industrial manufacturing process for the resin manufactured at this location. The resin’s unique combination of qualities, such as biodegradability, high mechanical strength, and high gas barrier properties, are attracting interest from markets globally. Their customer’s in the shale gas extraction and industrial processes, as well as packaging materials markets, are benefiting from the resin’s unique properties.
An opportunity exists to join their team as a Production Engineer. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of experience in a process engineering role in an operating chemical plant and have a working knowledge of OSHA standards including the OSHA PSM standard.
If you are an energetic problem solver that enjoys working on real-time issues and can grow into an operations management role, let’s talk!
The successful candidate supports plant operations with chemical engineering expertise. Become a technology expert for the client's specialty chemical processes. He/she will lead plant and process design and implementation, and support production teams to work safely to achieve targets in the areas of production, costs, and quality product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of primary duties and responsibilities which take up the majority of time daily. The Production Engineer will be held accountable for being able to perform the essential functions of the job. This list is not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with technology experts to learn the plant process and equipment. Become a technology expert on processes.
- Provide chemical engineering input into design changes including process safety and process control.
- Develop and update Operating Procedures and training materials, and lead training.
- Lead solving of complex problems related to process, mechanical, control systems, equipment integrity, and other disciplines
- Lead development of production plans including operation scheduling and operation conditions.
- Monitor product and process performance; set-up and/or participate in executing systems to track performance and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and cause analysis (Quality, Reliability, Production, Safety, and Environmental) and implement action items to prevent a recurrence.
- Participate in PHAs, (Process Hazard Analysis), MOCs (Management of Change), and PSSRs (pre-start-up safety reviews).
- Develop and implement process “best practices”, standards/policies, productivity improvements, and work processes for operations that address safety, quality, efficiency, and reliability.
- Provide process engineering support for projects including develop basic data, conduct PHA or MOC review, and design oversight.
- Work with operators and mechanics to develop Job Hazard Analyses and implement appropriate mitigation for hazards identified.
- Communication with parent company technical staff on technical issues (reporting, proposing, discussing, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- BS degree Engineering(Chemical preferred)
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred
- 5+ years of Production/Process Engineering experience in a chemical processing, petrochemical, refinery, or industrial gas plant
- Some experience with one of the following equipment preferred: distillation tower/columns, separation tanks, heat exchangers, or reactors
- Demonstrated success working in teams
- Working knowledge of “Cause” analysis.
- Knowledge of process design, instrumentation, process control, and statistics.
- Ability to work as a Self-Directed Individual
- Solid ability to utilize Microsoft Office products