Hybrid Working - Office & Remote
We are Circus Street.
At Circus Street, we partner with global businesses to help people learn better and work smarter. We’ve transformed digital skills training by making it interactive, effective and informed by up-to-the-minute expertise.
Our mission is to create a common digital business language.
Our vision is to modernize education, making it relevant in a world of continuous change.
We make it happen by focusing on two things:
- Our People - Be authentically you at Circus Street. We hold great pride in the diversity of our people and have an environment that is based on trust, inclusivity, personalized wellness and connection that encourages us all to flourish and be our brilliant selves. We are proud to have built an award-winning team from all backgrounds who possess the talent, energy and empathy to bring our vision to life. Hear from our people!
- Our Customers - Getting to know our Customer’s business and crafting a learning journey that achieves their goals, delivers the goods, and cements the learning. We work with more than 200 ‘Fortune 500’ brands around the world, with populations ranging from 1,000-100,000+ users.
This role focuses on improving the experience of users across a variety of interfaces, from the Circus Street mobile and desktop apps, through to internal admin tools. It balances business needs with the needs of the user, and is able to deliver interface designs through a project’s design lifecycle.
A Day In The Life
- Advocate for the user all stages of the design lifecycle, from story mapping and defining requirements, through iterating designs, then build and delivery.
- Produce interface designs at the appropriate fidelity for each project, ranging from low fidelity wireframes all the way through to clickable prototypes and final UI designs that are ready for developers to build from.
- Use analytics and research (user feedback, user interviews, user testing) to understand how users interact with our products and suggest ways to improve their experience.
- Ensure designs follow existing product conventions and brand guidelines, but know when to challenge them to enable improvement.
- Run the end to end UX / UI processes and be the lead UX/UI designer at Circus Street, effectively prioritising, managing and delivering all UX output
- Manage a junior UX designer and be accountable for their line management, professional development and work
- Work hand in hand with our Product and Technology teams to deliver top class features and products
You’re good at:
- 4 + experience as a UX/UI Designer, preferably in a product setting
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to explain and justify design decisions
- An understanding of the appropriate level of design fidelity and the appropriate user testing methodologies for a given project
- Show the pragmatism necessary to balance user needs with business timelines and requirements
- An interest in and attention to details and nuance
- Be able to keep track of multiple projects at different stages, with different priorities and deadlines
- Flexibility to switch between projects when necessary, and adapt to changing requirements, priorities and timelines
- Ability to own the UX/UI process end to end and be proactive in driving best practices and processes
- Exceptional design skills, with the ability to produce beautiful interface designs that are on brand, functional and fun
- Experience working within accessibility frameworks (e.g. WCAG)
- Leadership and management experience, able to coach and guide junior designers
- Must have strong experience working with product and engineering teams and designing interfaces for multiple touch points and to fit technical specifications (mobile app design and game design a bonus)
- Analytical and able to gather insights from data and understand how to use data to inform design decisions and priorities
Sounds great doesn’t it?
As part of your employment package with us, we’ll give you access to a huge number of benefits and a wellbeing toolkit that reflects the everyday challenges you may come across, to help support you in all aspects of life, whatever it may bring.
Here is a sneaky peek into the kind of benefits you can expect when joining Circus Street…
Circus Street takes a whole person approach to wellbeing, what this means for you is private health insurance from day one, CBT and Nutritional Therapy as an example - none of this ‘waiting to pass probation nonsense’...
We believe rest is super important that’s why you’ll get 30 days leave to use as you wish, plus bank holidays, a Duvet Day, and a 4pm finish on Fridays, as well as working from home 3 days a week.
We offer a fair and competitive package for everyone including pension offering, Cycle to Work tax savings and thousands of retail discounts not to mention all the free wellness and social events.
Learning is ‘our thing’, it’s what we do. Our people love to develop themselves personally and professionally. As well as an excellent management training programme and ambitious goals for each individual, we give everyone 6 personal development days to upskill creatively or professionally and 6 volunteering days to give back to causes closest to your heart, as well as group fundraising events.
We deliver big things for our clients and solve important challenges everyday, and we have fun along the way. We’re a really sociable bunch and we love to spend time together. You’ll find us getting together for crafting, games nights, herbal workshops, pottery and maybe even a spa night! Not your thing? You’ll find us in the pub too.
We’re also proud to be recognised in 2021 as one of London’s ‘Top 50 Mid Sized Companies to work for. Get in touch to find out more.