Amsterdam / Kiev, NH, Netherlands
Depends on experience
About the role
Are you a highly skilled Ruby Engineer, but bored working on routine projects? Are you eager to join a fast growing scale-up? With the freedom to work from anywhere, anytime? Do you wish to feel ownership of a product that is used on a daily basis by thousands of users? Then this opportunity is for you! Your mission is to develop and maintain a product that helps our dozens of on-demand staffing agencies and thousands of workers to grow their business.
We never build features just to keep the team busy. Everything is built to help users solve their daily challenges. Your main goal will be to code new functionality, while keeping the codebase clean, tested and maintainable. Our backend performance should be maintained at a high level and prevent downtimes because of code errors.
· You get excited about good quality code and engineering quests
· You have good knowledge about API Design and performance optimization
· You understand the trade-offs between technical, analytical and product goals
· Be ready to release new functionality every two weeks. Lead time ~ 2 weeks
· Identifying technical debt sources, estimating the amount of added development time and fixing part of it every release. 10% time is spent on annihilating tech debt in every release
· Reduce the number of bugs reported. No critical bugs in a release that led to downtime. Uptime 99%
Our techstack ⚙
· Tech stack: React.js, Ruby on Rails
· Infrastructure: AWS + Kubernetes
· AWS services: ELB, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SNS
What we're looking for 🦄
· 4+ years experience developing scalable backend with Ruby on Rails
· Experience in building RESTful services, working with message queues, and batch processing applications
· Experience with the AWS ecosystem
· Experience with relational databases
· Self Starter and a Positive Attitude
· Happy to work for a startup, 💩's blowing up and it's not always easy to keep up
About clevergig 👉
· Building best-of-breed Workforce Management software for staffing agencies
· Reaching dozens of super happy customers and our customers' customers
· 300% y-o-y growth
· 3.000 Daily Active Users of our worker app
· Product Led Growth minded
· We're based in Amsterdam, Product development is based in Kiev but we work remote first and meet-up every now and then
· Our customers usually grow 100% in the first year they start using clevergig
We care deeply about helping our customers grow and scale their business, by making their life easier. We are tackling the on-demand scheduling challenge to start, but see other massive opportunities going forward. Are you ready to embark on this journey with us?
What we stand for: Simplicity, Freedom and Customer obsession.
CREATE SIZABLE IMPACT 🚀
The problem we solve happens in a specific market: companies who schedule workers on-demand. When we serve those customers, they fall in love with our product and adopt it fully to run their day-to-day business. We’re not building a product for the absolute masses, but we’re onto something massive within our niche market. And we want to become absolute leader in our space.
What happens after I've applied?
We’ll review your resume and get in contact with you a.s.a.p. which should be no longer than a week.