We are looking for a conductor of an orchestra, not a factory boss. Confio has several very talented musicians, excelling in playing solos and duets. But we want to bring this all into harmony, one complex ensemble, where the various players flow together in sync.
We need someone to choose the pieces, give direction and inspiration, find new musicians where the sound is weak, and keep all the instruments flowing together well.
Mission (reason for this role)
To set the technical strategy and direction for Confio GmbH in collaboration with the senior team. And to ensure delivery of this strategy and all our external commitments and contracts.
Outcomes (what needs to get done)
- Strategy – collaborate with the senior team to set technical strategy and direction and translate into concrete deliverables.
- Project delivery – lead and manage the technology planning/roadmap, development, and post-development process of critical projects (including QA and protocol audits), working closely with a Product Manager.
- Team – hire, inspire and work closely with engineering teams, made up of project. managers and developers (internal & external) to ensure the delivery of the roadmap and oversee the full lifecycle. Conduct screenings of engineering & product candidates as part of the hiring process.
Day to day
- Take ownership/lead across the tech stack including, but not limited to, architecture, dev ops, in-house developer resourcing, product expansion, and feature development.
- Work closely with senior team to ensure delivery of strategy.
- Coordinate the various dev teams, giving each team clear milestones and ensuring they work harmoniously.
- Define the hiring plan for needed resources to deliver the goals and work with HR to get it filled.
- Few years of experience as a developer.
- 1+ years in a technical management position (ideally CTO or Engineering Manager).
- Some experience in Rust or Go or TypeScript is desirable.
- Experience building open-source software, especially libraries.
- Familiarity with the Cosmos Ecosystem is essential; familiarity with other Blockchain ecosystems is a bonus (Ethereum, Solana, Polkadot, etc).
- Ability to articulate and own the engineering process for the teams / POs.
- Strong track record in delivering complex projects and working with other senior managers (technical and non-technical).
- Demonstrated experience leading remote-first, distributed software engineering teams.
- Strategic thinking/visioning – able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You can determine opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Strong organization and planning skills – you plan, organize, and schedule in an efficient, productive manner. Focusing on key priorities and following through on commitments.
- Collaborative leadership skills – you have an excellent understanding of team dynamics, have strong interpersonal skills, and can bring people along, inspiring them around a shared goal.
- Take a proactive approach to your work – act without being told what do to. Bringing new ideas to the table but humble enough to be challenged.
- Live in a time zone +/- 2h from Berlin
What we offer
- A community which is at the forefront of Opensource development.
- The opportunity to find a work/life balance. We value quality of life; there is no expectation of “extra” hours or that you respond outside working hours or on weekends. We allow our team to work the hours which are best for them.
- The flexibility of a fully remote role. We all work within a 2-hour +/- time zone of Berlin but ensure we meet in person for some team bonding. We encourage local team meetups and our most recent retreat was a week in Spain for the whole company.
- Learning & teaching environment. We believe in continuous learning & improvement; you will be surrounded by experienced engineers who are happy to share their knowledge and will be interested to learn from you.
- Competitive salary.