- Graduate of accredited nursing school with Nursing Diploma, Associates Degree or higher level education.
- Current Texas RN License or a Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State. New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain Texas RN License
- NRP certification, new hires have six months from start date to obtain NRP certification.
- ACLS certification: employees hired prior to April 1, 2016 have till December 31, 2016 to complete certification and new hires have six months from start date to obtain ACLS certification.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Business, or Healthcare Administration preferred
Responsible for professional nursing care and related assistance to patients with a broad range of illnesses. The staff nurse supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff pursuant to the objectives of the hospital. In collaboration with other health team members, follows the philosophy, policies and goals of the facility and department.