While reporting to the Project/Process Engineering Manager, you will provide Engineering support to plants throughout the Rigid Paper and Closures Division.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare detailed project plans, timelines, cost estimates and financial analysis for Capital projects and general projects for the plants. Prepare capital project submissions as needed.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes to improve methods, reduce costs and to modernize production equipment.
- Manage technical projects including installation of equipment, commissioning, product and process trials, Factory & Plant Acceptance Tests (FAT &PAT) and equipment qualifications with internal departments and outside vendors.
- Support new equipment start ups and ensure machinery meets budgeted performance.
- Support the troubleshooting, adjustment and maintenance of automatic and semi-automatic production machinery including electrical and mechanical elements, PLC machine controls, HMI’s, servo drive systems and vision systems.
- Knowledge of high speed, high volume manufacturing and assembly processes. Able to use automation to drive down manufacturing costs, improve reliability or to improve consistency of manufacturing operations. Experience with robotics, AGV’s, machine automation, data collection and networking is beneficial.
- Proficient with use of Rockwell Automation PLC & HMI programming software.
- Proficient with AutoCAD software for development of layouts and electrical documentation.
- Manage project expenses to ensure projects stay within budget. Use Company’s purchasing system to generate purchase requisitions and track purchase orders.
- Participate, as requested, in engineering meetings to assist in the evaluation of manufacturing equipment designs, tooling, and engineering methods.
- Plan, schedule, implement and complete assigned projects as directed.
This position will be based in the Chicago, IL or Dayton, OH area but will require up to 75% travel.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a 4 year degree (preferred) - Electrical Engineering focus preferred
- 5+ years of related design, automation, integration, and project management experience including experience in areas such as PLC machine controls, servo motor drive systems, computerized vision systems, AC and DC drives, pneumatics, hydraulic, and other electromechanical equipment.
- Experience working in plants - manufacturing facility
- Electrical focus - industrial controls and PLC experience
- Will be heavy travel - must be open to that
Would prefer candidate be in Dayton, OH or Chicago, IL area - but will be working with plants in Cincinnati, OH, Winchester, KY and Greenville, WI so could be close to one of these locations as well