The company is seeking a Data Scientist with expertise in building machine learning models by mining datasets from various data source. This role will be remote-based until post-pandemic. Thereafter, the selected candidate must be able to work out the Lewisville, TX office. Must have strong experience in Power BI, Predictive Modeling using R AND Python along with strong SQL capabilities. Ideally, the candidate should have a background in supporting data analytics for a bank.
If you are looking to build a fulfilling career and are confident you have the skills and experience to help us succeed, we want to work with you!
Data Scientists in this role gets to:
Understand Data Science problem and provide solution: Discuss with end user and understand the business problem.
Develop Machine Learning Model: Develop machine learning model to solve the business problem.
Impact the bottom line: Analyze data to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making.
Define the company’s reputation: Automate reports and dashboards, business operations, data science and analytics, MIS; automate processes via macro-enabled excels and consolidation of sheets.
Strengthen relationships: Build relationships, manage expectations, set priorities, and identify resources to deliver solutions.
Take the lead: Think critically and identify opportunities for improvement, then work with global SMEs to integrate efficiencies into daily activities.
Our most successful candidates will have:
- Experience: 6+ years in Data Analytics, ideally in the banking industry
- Technical Skillsets - Efficient in Power BI, Programming: R, Python, SQL; Database: SQL
- MUST have some experience in a client facing role & some banking background too
- Build suitable statistical data model required for business by mining datasets
- Work with Remote Monitoring team to get feedback for building data model
- Must be located in/near Dallas-Fort Worth/Lewisville, TX area. Can work remotely until post-pandemic.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Integrate multiple sources of information when needed
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Must be a team player and should be able to take ownership of the given task
- Should have strong communication skills
- Must had analytical thinking and should show a proactive attitude towards problem solving
- Having cloud experience is a plus
- Qualification: should have BE, MCA, MSC Statistics, MSC Math degree
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Impala, Spark SQL
- Experience in unstructured data processing and NLP will be preferred
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
- Experience with common data science toolkits
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Tableau etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Good scripting and programming skills using R/Python