Position: Maintenance Tool Team Technician
Location: Franklin Park, IL
Pay Rate $20.79/hour
While reporting to the Plant Engineer OR Maintenance Supervisor, as the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician (Maintenance/Electro Mechanic), for performing maintenance tasks, specifically proactive tasks, necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products. Safety, quality, productivity and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Safety: Zero (0) injuries. Will be required to support and/or lead safety initiatives for department and/or plant.
- Will be required to perform safety audits and training.
- Assist other tool change personnel with tooling changes and set up.
- Perform maintenance tasks on tooling, including washing molds and mold beds, replacing worn parts, properly storing tools and parts.
- Completing required measurements, checklists, work orders, and other required paperwork to complete tool changes.
- Participate in shop SPS activities, including 5S, PM, and DTM projects.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/responsibilities at same time.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Able to read prints, perform measurements, perform basic math operations.
- Proficient with typical business software, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), email, and the Internet.
- Taking or willing to take courses in industrial technology and electricity, up to and including associate’s degree.
- High school program in industrial technology or higher level preferred.
Must Haves :
- Previous industrial maintenance experience
- Previous experience performing changeovers, set ups and shut downs of machinery
- Previous maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment required