**Notes: No visa sponsorships supported
JOB TITLE: Manager of Respiratory Therapy
REPORTS TO: Director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Therapy
Promotes safety and well-being of all patients in the assigned department on a twenty-four hour basis. In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Therapy, plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates the overall clinical practice and administrative activities, including fiscal, material and human resources management of the department. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains open communication with all staff to promote improvements in performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Plans, organizes, and directs all departmental activities.
· Provides overall supervision of departmental personnel and evaluates personnel performance.
· In collaboration with the Director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Therapy, develops departmental operating and capital budgets. Accountable for ensuring that departmental operations expenses are within allocated funds.
· Supervises annual physical inventory of respiratory therapy stock.
· Contributes to the development of departmental strategic and operational goals and objectives. Assesses departmental performance in relation to the established goals and objectives, ensuring these are consistent with the CMH strategic objectives, mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Develops, maintains, and trends annual departmental quality plan, including quality control, quality assurance, and performance improvement activities.
· Coordinates departmental participation in hospital safety and emergency plans.
· Coordinates departmental plan for staff continuing education.
· Develops and implements approved departmental policies, procedures, systems, and standards. Ensures compliance therewith.
· Establishes and maintains needed and required departmental records and reports.
· Ensures that department maintains compliance with all accreditation standards.
· Works with staff to achieve and maintain 100% execution of Foundational Five.
· Skilled at retrieving, communicating, and presenting data and information both verbally and in writing.
· Possesses strong interpersonal customer service skills necessary to relate to others in an interdisciplinary environment.
· Flexible with work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
· Acts with discretion and independent action within prescribed limits.
· Able to function independently or as a team member to help set and accomplish goals of the department and CMH.
· Establishes and maintains working relationships as well as acts as a resource person to departmental staff, other CMH Regional Health System staff, and to the medical staff regarding respiratory therapy issues.
· Recommends needed change to effect continual improvement of quality, efficiency, economy, and effectiveness of departmental operations and services rendered.
· Participates in hospital-wide committees as required.
· Maintains confidential rights of the patient and practices good patient and guest relations.
· Performs all other duties as required or requested.
CERTIFICATIONS - Check Certifications Required