Notes : Bonus Description : $5,000
Medical Technologist / MLT is responsible for the performance of Laboratory testing, to work together with the Laboratory Director, Pathologists, and Technologists to provide prompt and accurate Laboratory testing for patients of our hospital and surrounding community.
Full Time position. 10 hour night shift 8:00 pm to 6:00 am. Work 7 nights on / 7 nights off.
· Collects specimens for laboratory examination by venipuncture, various culture techniques, etc.
· Adheres to OSHA, CLIA, and Joint Commission regulations.
· Works without supervision or assistance.
· Responds to codes, traumas, and emergencies immediately.
· Operates and maintains all instruments. Maintains and documents quality control.
· Keeps appropriate logs and records, data entry and retrieval of patient results, and accession of patient specimens.
· Report STAT results within 60 minutes, perform manual tests as required, and set up bacteria on appropriate media.