The Children’s Heart Institute at Children’s Hospital offers innovative solutions for patients with congenital or acquired heart disease, delivering high-quality outcomes.
By utilizing state-of-the-art techniques and services, the Children’s Heart Institute strives to offer patients with the most complex problems the greatest opportunity for a normal life.
- Named one of the top 50 best children's hospitals nationally in Cardiology & Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report
- Honored with a three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and outcomes in congenital heart surgery.
As an RN with the HCICU, you will partner with pediatric critical care medicine physicians and hospitalists, who are faculty at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, providing twenty-four hour, in-house coverage to ensure that patients with intensive care needs receive the best care possible.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MUST HAVES :
- Must have an active RN Texas License
- Must have BSN or also will accept ADN if: *Minimum 2 years ADN experience in an acute care setting and *Can complete BSN within 3 years of employment
- Must have recent 1-2 years ICU (Critical Care). Pediatric Critical Care experience, strongly preferred. Will consider Pedi ER/OR with some bedside experience.
- Will consider Adults ICU experience with a strong interest/commitment to Peds.