*** NOTE : BONUS DESCRIPTION : up to $30,000 sign on bonus offered.
The registered nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating all care for patients admitted to the ED during his/her shift.
Minimum Education Graduation from a school of nursing and have current licensure as an RN with the Virginia State Board of Nursing required. One year Med/Surg experience preferred.
- Virginia, United States] Registered Nurse
- Current RN license required.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required within 6 months. PALS required within 6 months. ASLS preferred.
- Strong clinical skills with ability to react decisively in emergency situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Verbal and written ability to give information and present ideas essential in administrative management. Ability to understand advanced theory and practice in nursing.
- Familiarity with organization and functions of each hospital department.
- Ability to discern legal implications in nursing. Leadership ability, integrity, and initiative required.
- Ability to motivate personnel.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively and handle stress in a positive manner.
- Maintain harmonious relationships with nursing personnel, medical staff, hospital administration, and all hospital departments.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served in the ED.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs.
- Must provide care as described in the ED Policies and Procedures and TCRH Policies and Procedures.
- Function as a staff or charge nurse.
- Supervise and coordinate care in a manner to ensure that patient needs are provided in an efficient manner, and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Possess the knowledge to safely apply theory and practice when providing, planning, and assigning nursing care. Ability to problem-solve effectively to provide quality patient care.
- Provide excellent customer service including patient education. Ability to work with all age groups including infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Performs all nursing functions within the scope of practice in the State of Virginia.
- Ability to work with Paragon applications (computer system)
- Possess the knowledge to use PYXIS medication delivery system. Education – Uses the nursing process to meet patient/family learning needs.
- Professionalism – Applies knowledge to practice through participation in performance improvement activities and application of nursing research.
- Consistently communicates with co-workers, medical staff, ancillary departments, and customers to promote a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Reliability – Ensures completion of assigned workloads and moves to unassigned work at own initiative.
- Committed to demonstrating the following behaviors that shows that the healthcare team at Twin County Regional Healthcare CARES about our patients/families/physicians and each other.
- Commit to a culture of safety and service. Act as a team with others. Respond to others’ needs. Engage others’ in a meaningful way. Seek ways to positively influence others.
- Standing, sitting, walking and bending (45-90 degree angles) are required.
- May require stair climbing. Reading and writing are required to fulfill job description.
- May require some lifting > 50 lbs, some carrying > 20 lbs, and some pushing and pulling of > 50 lbs. Speech, hearing and visual acuity necessary in order to perform job requirement.
- Exposure to blood, body fluid and hazardous wastes is moderate and must carry out universal precautions according to hospital policy.
- May be exposed to patients with communicable diseases and/or potentially dangerous/hazardous materials. Work involves mental activity.