*** No visa sponsorships supported
Bonus Description : two year commitment - pro-rated payback
Compassionate Registered Nurse to provide care and treatment in the Geriatric Behavioral Health Unit. Requires active, current CO RN license and BLS. Prefer 2 yrs. professional nursing experience in a geriatric or psychiatric care setting. Nursing home and/or geriatric experience a plus. Some Call Required. Expected
Salary range $27.47 to $41.20 DOE plus applicable call and call back pay.
- Provides direct patient care to patients using the nursing process in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice. Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Functions as a leader in the health care team utilizing sound decision making skills with the House Supervisor or Dept. Director for problem solving.
- RN may be required to cross-train and/or float to other departments in order to meet the fluctuating staffing needs of the patient care units. RNs will complete cross-training/competency skills and knowledge requirements prior to working another department.
Must Haves :
- Valid, active Colorado Registered Nurse License or compact state Registered Nurse License as approved by the Colorado State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Current Basic Life Support
- Willing to work various shifts. Willing to take call and report within 20 minutes
- Knowledge of and use of therapeutic communication with the psychiatric patient. Knowledge of the using this skill to develop a therapeutic relationship with the patient. Knowledge of Validation Therapy and its importance working with the geriatric population
- Excellent Customer Service