While reporting to the Production Manager, you are accountable for; safety, quality, productivity, material handling, cost performance and employee for assigned shift.
What you'll be doing:
- Teach and lead the safety process and best manufacturing practices for assigned shift.
Coordinate production scheduling on shift to meet customer demands, manage overtime, minimize inventory, and reduce costs.
- Direct shift in continuous improvement initiatives and work to meet performance metrics using tools such as SPS, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events and lean manufacturing.
- Build and maintain productive relationships that foster employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Provide direction, training and development of hourly employees on assigned shift as well as counseling or discipline as needed.
- Identify, propose and implement capital projects to improve operational performance
This position is located in Jackson, TN in our Rigid Paper and Closures division. We are seeking a high potential candidate with the desire for a significant amount of responsibility now in managing an entire manufacturing crew at this facility as well as the opportunity to develop and grow his or her career.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, science or engineering is strongly preferred but equivalent experience can substitute
- You will have at least 2 years of shift lead or supervisory experience
- Must be willing to relocate outside of Jackson for growth opportunities in the future
- Must be willing to work night shift – 7PM-7AM – every other weekend off (the days you work one week are the days you are off the next)
- Supervisory experience - responsibility for 45-50 direct reports including a shift lead
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and continuous improvement (lean, 6 sigma, kaizen)
- Would prefer a junior level candidate who has the ability to grow and develop