*** Notes : You can work from anywhere in USA
No visa sponsorships supported
We are looking for someone with a solid technical background, strong software engineering processes knowledge and outstanding management skills to lead our development team in large projects in the communications field, primarily focused on the contact center area. Your mission will be to lead the definition and monitor key project management disciplines for the software development aspects of the solution, including scope, time, risks, quality, cost and communication. You will also be responsible for managing a team of software architects and engineers, for which you'll provide direction, support and constant feedback based on performance and career objectives.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of direction, aligned with the larger Professional Services Organization, and project results for the software development aspects of the same
- Encourage the leadership of your team within their expertise areas, fostering collaboration, open and honest communication within the team members
- Manage partner engagement for software deliverables when needed
- Review teamwork, including technical deliverables, project plan and dependencies, making sure deliverables are successful
- Identify resource gaps in the team, including training needs, providing plan and following up execution needed for having a balanced team
- Guarantee proper communication with customers based on team feedback and proper follow up
- Manage relationship with customers and partners, guaranteeing eventual conflicts are properly resolved and work is performed in a collaborative and open environment
- Support solution selling by encouraging the team to understand the business and identifying problems that we can provide solutions for
- Evaluate team performance constantly, through regular one on one meetings and formal evaluation process
- Hire and retain talent to your team
- Explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences and ensure meaning is understood.
- Create formal networks internally and externally.
ABOUT THE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be graduated in Software Engineering, computer Science or similar
- Must have previous experience in a leadership role and be coming from a technical background,having played a role such as a Software Architect or Technical Leader in the past
- Must have Experience in Software Engineering, Software design and domain modeling
- Must have prior experience is requirements gathering, solution design and presales activities
- Must have at least 10 years full time software development experience, having been exposed to the various roles and challenges imposed by software development projects
- Must have interest in learning new technologies in the communications field
- Must have good leadership skills, be a good team worker that enjoys working in a multicultural environment
- Must have solid project management skills
- Must be fluent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Should have knowledge on modern microservices platforms and frameworks such as Spring Boot, Kafka, Containers and familiarity with other related concepts, like distributed tracing, security, and so on;
- Nice to have PMP project management certification
- Nice to have prior knowledge of Communications Standards Knowledge (SIP, CCXML, VXML);
- Nice to have prior Contact Center Domain knowledge;
Working Environment and Conditions:
- Development environment is composed of mainstream platforms and tools (Java, Spring Boot, Sonar, Jenkins) as well as Company development tools (Orchestration Designer, Breeze, Oceana, AES)
- Team is composed of talented technical resources distributed globally with varying degree of experience on the above technologies and tools.
- Work is performed most of the time remotely, but occasional travel will be required - estimated at most 10% of the time.
5 - 8 Years of Experience
Minimal People Management Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Advance Degree preferred