This position is responsible for income tax compliance preparation and review (income tax provisions, income tax returns and internal tax reporting) to ensure the utmost accuracy and timeliness. This includes detailed and referenced workpaper preparation and review. This position is also heavily involved in the tax account maintenance and reconciliation. This position participates in the detailed work involved with multiple tax projects. This individual will be detail oriented, organized, have good communication skills, and will work to continually improve the efficiency and accuracy of Company’s income tax filings. This person will have a strong work ethic and a professional commitment to their job. This position will assist in management, review, and development of the less experienced tax professionals.
• Prepare and/or review federal and multi-state income and franchise tax returns in a complete, accurate and timely manner, including detailed and referenced workpapers.
• Prepare and/or review the timely and accurate filing and payment of all income and franchise tax liabilities.
• Prepare and/or review federal and multi-state income tax provisions and internal reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain, review, and reconcile all tax accounts and other accounting, including tax expense, accruals, forecasts, current and deferred income tax provisions for planning and compliance purposes, and the tax basis balance sheet.
• Conduct moderate tax research relating to tax law or compliance changes or issues to maintain Company’s accurate compliance and minimize federal and state income/ franchise tax exposure.
• Coordinate with Tax Managers for all tax planning and compliance matters.
• Effectively communicate all tax and compliance issues and opportunities to the Tax Managers.
• Assist in federal and state income and franchise tax return audits.
• Assist with all federal and state income tax return notices and requests from various taxing authorities.
• Participate in multiple and varied tax projects.
• Assist with property, sales and use, and other tax issues and reporting when necessary.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Assist in the management, review, and development of less experienced tax professionals.
• Review, and prepare as necessary, property tax renditions for real and personal property.
• Meticulous tracking of tax payments and filing deadlines.
• Intermediate technical income tax knowledge, including federal corporate/partnership and multi-state income tax law. Familiarity with Tax Cut and Reform Act of 2017 is required.
• Experience with accounting for income tax provisions.
• Experience with tax account reconciliations and monthly department budget reconciliations.
• Prior experience with calculating and tracking distributions to shareholders.
• Personal drive, ownership, and enthusiasm.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional commitment to the job.
o Accept ownership and responsibility.
o Manage process flow.
o Think analytically and critically.
o Manage multiple projects and deadlines within strict time parameters.
o Inspire leadership.
o Grow professionally.
o Prepare and deliver complete and accurate work product.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Experience with Corptax income tax return preparation software.
• Expert with Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
• Proficient with Thomson Reuters and BNA tax research web-based platforms.
• Proficient with SAP.
• Analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, initiative, teamwork, and technical income tax expertise.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work as an individual and in a team-oriented environment with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS in Accounting required.
• Master’s in Accounting or Tax preferred.
• CPA preferred.
• Experience must include either one to two years of tax compliance experience for a large multinational manufacturing company, or two years of experience in the tax group of a national “Big 4” public accounting firm.