- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within scope of practice and clinical competency.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must Haves :
- Transplant experience (liver, kidney, pancreas, abdominal)
- Must have an updated resume - job history dates and units worked in must be accurate
- Ideally, seeking candidates that have proven track records and consistent work history. Not job hopping. If so, just need explanation as to why they left (relocation, promotion/growth, etc).
- Must have a good attitude and are PREPARED for the phone interview with the recruiter. Slow responses and disinterest are declined - our organization relies heavily on teamwork and we are successful with this because of the genuine care we have for our jobs!
- Must be honest about unit, shift, and location they are interested in working - if someone is unhappy with nights but they take it because "it's a job" this shows up in their work and would also potentially affect tenure.