*** No visa sponsorships supported ***
The company is currently seeking Treatment Counselors (Substance Abuse) who have a passion for making lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as they set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. The Treatment Counselor implements a wide range of alcohol and drug use programs and provides mental health and substance abuse counseling services to inmates/residents assigned to the treatment program(s).
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements:
1. Interviews and assesses prospective program participants, and gathers data using appropriate screening and assessment instruments. Establishes rapport with participants and determines individual and group needs based on results of screening and assessment instruments and other collateral sources.
2. Facilitates individual and group treatment interventions, in accordance with the company, partner agency, and prevailing state regulations, statutes, policies and procedures. Uses standardized offender assessment information in developing treatment plans or specific programs.
3. Facilitates participant engagement in treatment process, promoting positive attitudes, skills, coping mechanisms to encourage on-going recovery. Plans participant incentives and uses appropriate therapeutic tools to manage behavioral issues or concerns.
4. Maintains the confidentiality of clinical files for each participant to include, but not limited to, intake documents, assessment(s), and interview(s), treatment plan, treatment plan reviews, progress notes, discharge summary, and referrals, according to written protocols and in compliance with prevailing laws and regulation(s).
5. Documents and tracks treatment plans, monitors inmate progress and reviews status of inmates/residents to verify that treatment and therapeutic programs are completed.