The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible to execute projects on time, within the approved budget and in accordance with the contract specifications.
- Plans and designs all aspects of projects from inception to post completion including costing, engineering & commissioning.
- Responsible for the design of systems used for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Ensures the accurate engineering and execution designs.
- Produces calculations, and approvals to comply with legislation.
- Developing and implementing internal design guides, procedures, design tools and documents.
- Coordinates office work and site surveys / meetings on the projects.
- Provides progress reports and notes as directed by the Department Manager.
- Sets, monitors & reviews workload schedule and communicates with Department Manager when issues are envisaged.
- Provides overall direction to project teams in technical, commercial and operational matters and general direction to various support departments
- Assists project teams to develop and manage budgets, schedules and deliverables for each project phase and functional area
- Determines measurement of results
- Provides monthly reports
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Purely Mechanical course (Fluids and Thermodynamic)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Engineering Environment.
- Experience in fire protection design is considered an asset.
- 2 referral letters needed upon applying.