Our client is seeking a Technical Officer to form part of a dynamic team. The selected candidate will be responsible for the insurance technical side including Policies, Contracts and Agreements together with all Reinsurance aspects in liaison with the clients and governing bodies such as the MFSA.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Will form part of a team delivering high quality service in a timely manner to clients.
- Will act as a reference to the staff members and will be required to involve in ‘ad hoc’ work related to specific technical issues that arise from time to time.
- Attending/holding of meetings with clients,
- Assisting in the development of procedures, following up international regulatory developments.
- Assist in the preparation of the technical reports within stipulated time frames and deadlines.
- Will be responsible to Familiarising oneself with regulatory requirements to fully support all clients’ needs
- Degree in Insurance and Risk Management or a qualification with the Chartered Insurance Institute
- Previous experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimum guidance and form part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed organisational, analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in dealing with new regulatory and supervisory challenges
- A high degree of self confidence and good judgement