We're looking for a senior Front-end Developer to join our startup team (project manager and programmer from Estonia and visiting London regularly, lead backend developer from Serbia and project manager / marketing / sales from London). We have several more freelancer back-end developers mainly from Eastern-Europe as cost of life is much cheaper there compared to UK where most of our customers are based. Time difference is just 2h and average flight time to London also ~2h + visa not needed. And from other hand Eastern-Europeans are known as a great programmers and tend to understand European values much better than for example many developers from Asia who's hourly rate tends to be even cheaper.
We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design. We need you to start working immediately on our own startup project (Laravel/MySQL CRM, HR, project management, payment/invoicing, chat, etc platform for IT project managers) and 50% of the time to work on our customers’ projects (mainly SMEs from various industries who need various different services).
You need to be good at
- Vue.js must be your good friend
- Main ability needed: Working with APIs, user authentication with tokens, advanced API integration with Vue
- Nuxt.js and SEO friendly SPA single page applications and PWA progressive web apps
- Probably no need to mention the need in being HTML5 and CSS3 ninja
- Extensive experience in dynamic and responsive web applications
- Development experience creating performance optimized websites
- Expert in user interface development, engineering cross-browser, cross-device compliant code
- Fast learner, fast worker and always fancy latest technology
- Good spoken/written English
- Working under the pressure
As an advantage is having some eye for design. We’re not hiring a designer but front-end developer but if you have an eye for the design then surely mention that. Even if you haven’t designed anything in your life then maybe you have experience in taking ready-made designs and modifying them and adding design elements to make things look better.
Years of real-world experience and good examples of work is needed! Please, do send your very best examples of work with some short description what you did there and what stack did you use.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability. Happy to communicate sometimes also directly with customers.
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high-quality graphics standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer. Please send the best profile items you have that you're most proud of. And explain what exactly was done there by you and what was most challenging for you in that project. Please, do mention if profile item can be used also a reference. For example if we can contact someone to ask a reference. UK portfolio items will be a bonus but not essential.
- Fast worker. Require usually less hours of work to do the task compared to the majority of other developers.
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field will be a bonus but not essential.