Enable is a charity dedicated to improving people's wellbeing and strengthening local communities. Core to our work is the development of strong working relationships with councils, charities and other organisations to deliver, health leisure and community services and events that enrich people's lives.
- Flexible working hours & a hybrid working environment
- 30 days of annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), 3 additional free days off at Christmas
- Life Insurance
- Reward Schemes (RewardHub Membership, wellbeing budgets and cycle to work)
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Perks (Yoga, activities, massages, monthly talks)
- Free Gym Membership
Reports to: Sales & Fitness Manager
Salary: £5096 (£25,480 FTE) - £55,000 OTE
Contract: Fixed Term until July 2023, Part Time - 8 Hours per week
Are you a Personal Trainer based in London looking for a facility that offers both indoor and outdoor training?
Are you looking for a gym that lets you keep 100% of your earnings with affordable monthly rent in Battersea Park?
Do you want the opportunity to supplement your PT income with paid gym floor shifts?
Here at Enable Leisure we have created an ideal fitness environment for our members with our recently refurbished gym floor and are now looking for qualified trainers to help us manage our gym floor. This means that as a PT you can do up to a maximum of 2x 4hour shifts to help supplement your income on top of keeping 100% of your PT fees. The monthly rental fee is staggered over the first 3 months to help you build your business. The flexibility offers the best of both worlds…regular, stable hours while you build your base while letting you focus on developing and building your business-the perfect scenario for any PT starting in a new environment. We want to see you grow alongside our membership base which we are looking to double in the next 2 years. Therefore getting in early to secure your position as one of our premier trainers is a great opportunity.
- Freelance Personal Trainer delivering Personal Training Session
- Port of call for members on gym floor
- Management of gym floor at peak times including inductions and exercise classes
- Cleaning and maintenance of gym kit and studio
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceptional personal customer service skills, delivering exceptional service to our members
- Engage with members and maintain a welcoming atmosphere at site
- Ensure you generate PT leads via induction appointments with new joiners
- Welcome all new members into site and ensure they receive a personalised introduction to the fitness areas, so every member feels at home
- Put members first, make sure the gym floor is safe at all times
- Responsibility for cleaning and maintenance duties on shift and reporting faults to Operations Manager
- Teaching and covering classes (likely 1 per shift and cover when needed)
- Help promote the site to the local community by engaging with outreach events with Fitness Managers
- Carry out prospect tours when on site
- Support Sales & Fitness Manager with any duties relevant to driving the fitness product
- The post holder is required to work on a shift basis, including evenings and weekends and may be required to work at other sites with Leisure and Sport Services as directed by management.
- The post holder must have the ability to travel around the borough.
- Attend meetings and represent enable Leisure and Culture as necessary.
- Experience working in customer service focussed environment
- Experience of being a working in a sales orientated environment
- Experience in teaching and delivering group exercise classes
- Experience in offering adaptable training solutions and advice to members varying requirements
- Effective Communication – the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels, including liaising with members to resolve issues and listening to feedback to provide a welcoming environment
- Pro-active - always leading by example and engaging with members and staff to ensure quality standards are delivered
- Innovative – the ability to find creative solutions to issues as they arise and bring forward any new ideas that contribute to the improvement of the business both at service and revenue generating levels
- Passion for health and fitness – must be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for the role and the environment you work in. You will be the face of the gym for our members.
- Pride in workplace – have a mindset that potential clients are seeing your workspace each and every time they visit our site. Have the confidence to enforce site rules to members in a polite manner while educating them on our desired behaviours and demonstrating these same behaviours at all times.
- Able to work out of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays as part of a shift pattern.
- Level 3 Personal Training qualification and Public Liability insurance
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs