Enable is a charity dedicated to improving people's wellbeing and strengthening local communities. Core to our work is the development of strong working relationships with councils, charities and other organisations to deliver, health leisure and community services and events that enrich people's lives.
Reports to: Sport & Physical Activity Officer
Salary: £13-£19 Per Hour
We are looking for a number of enthusiastic and dedicated casual sports coaches to assist with the delivery of sports coaching in primary schools across the London Borough of Wandsworth.
You will provide schools with high-quality sports coaching in a variety of sports, which may include coaching during curriculum time and/or running extracurricular sports clubs.
Coaches should be confident in delivering a variety of sports to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 pupils (4-11 years) of mixed ability. All applicants must have a level 2 coaching qualification in a recognised sport. It is highly desirable that applicants have qualifications in more than one sport, or have a multi-sports qualification and background.
At Enable we are committed to supporting the training and development of the coaches we work with, to ensure that schools receive a high standard of provision. First Aid and safeguarding courses will be provided, as well as Continuous Personal Development (CPD) for all coaches.
Working hours and days may vary.
Access to your own transport is essential as you will be required to work at a variety of schools in the area.
- To coach high-quality sports-based sessions mainly to young people in Wandsworth, encouraging participation and the improvement of playing standards.
- To coach Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 PE to the highest possible standard, as agreed with the school and within the framework of national curriculum and whole school policies and requirements.
- Reliable, energetic and enthusiastic with an ability to engage participants and tailor sessions depending on the participants.
- Plan, prepare and evaluate coaching sessions on a regular basis and identify and adopt most effective teaching approaches to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Provide regular communication to the responsible Sports Development Officer with details of the attendance and progress of the sessions.
- Required to regularly travel inside of the Borough either by driving, cycling or using public transport.
- Contribute to and take part in regular continuous professional development to meet the demands of the role.
- Attend and contribute to meetings/development time as required.
- Be aware of any sensitive information held by your section and ensure adherence to the information security policies and the requirements of ISO 27001.
- Adheres to the Enable’s Equal Opportunities policies with respect to the staff and public.
- Complies with Health and Safety legislation, to ensure safe working practices of all staff, public and contractors in his/her working environment, in accordance with Enable’s safety arrangements, policies and codes.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children Act 2004 and Working Together in relation to the child protection and safeguarding children and young people. To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to your work role. To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- Evening and weekend working is required and this is subject to seasonal variations.
- Where required complete any other duties needed to support the Sport and Physical Activity Team including contacting schools and other organizations to establish new sessions.
Experience and qualifications
- Holds a minimum level 2 UKCC qualification in at least one sport.
- Hold up to date safeguarding and first aid qualifications.
- Experience of coaching young people of different ages and abilities to increase participation and develop pathways for talented athletes to flourish.
- Experience of working with targeted groups in the community, such as people with a disability.
- Experience of coaching small groups through to larger numbers or whole school classes
- Have a sound knowledge of the national curriculum of PE.
Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal skills to a high standard to work with partner organisations.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills for dealing with a range of sessions from young people, coaches and organisations.
- To be able to manage behaviour to ensure sessions are enjoyable and inclusive.
- Good standard of knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) packages and any other relevant IT based programmes to record and administer coaching programmes
- A knowledge and understanding of safeguarding vulnerable adults and young people and its relevance to the role of coaching demonstrating integrity at all times and a willingness to attend training as required.
- Full current UK driving licence including ability to drive manual vehicles and ability to use own vehicle for work purposes or willingness to use other means for travelling to and from coaching sessions.
- Required to work evenings and weekends as necessary subject to seasonal variations and school timetables.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs