Jobs at Examply
POSITION SUMMARY Broward Urology Center specializes in minimally invasive therapies, urologic
surgery, laparoscopic/robotic surgery, and with a large focus on cancer treatments, sexual dysfunction,
and kidney stones. Dr. Louis Yogel, Dr. Eric Chenven, and Dr. Vladislav Gorbatiy are committed to
providing the highest quality urological care to Broward County. As urologists, we provide testing and
treatment services for conditions of the urinary tract in men and women and the male reproductive
system. Our urologists offer over 60 years of combined experience and training in the care of patients.
We are looking for a Patient Access Specialist to support day-to-day operations by performing
administrative tasks and ensuring high-quality customer service for our patients. Ultimately, you should
be able to ensure our medical facility’s smooth operation by accurately completing administrative tasks in a timely
manner. If you can combine exceptional communication skills with an ability to perform ‘behind the
scenes tasks, we would like to meet you. The incumbent works under the close direction of senior
personnel and will report directly to a supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job duties listed below are representative of the essential job functions and are not exclusive.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without prior
▪ Schedules and coordinates patient appointments
▪ Interviews patients for case histories prior to appointments
▪ Assists patients with the check-in and check-out processes
▪ Ensures that patients complete their initial paperwork
▪ Updates and maintains patients’ health records
▪ Scans medical record charts
▪ Serves as the medical record custodian
▪ Answers phones and processes calls
▪ Process insurance claims in compliance with legal requirements
▪ Uses medical software to support all transactions
▪ Answers patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service
▪ Collaborates with doctors and nurses to help with medical examinations
▪ Schedules tests and orders supplies
▪ Ensures compliance with policies and procedures
▪ Keeps up to date with changes in medical and insurance legislation
▪ Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office Systems; particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
▪ Hands-on experience with medical office software
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Education: High school diploma or General Equivalency Degree (GED); certification in medical
administration is a plus
Experience: One (1) to three (3) years of experience working in a doctors’ office as a Patient
Access Specialist, Medical Records Clerk, or similar role is required.
Certification(s): Relevant certification (EMR, CEHRS) is preferred
▪ Proven work experience in a doctor’s office
▪ Knowledge of healthcare operations
▪ Familiarity with medical and insurance legislation
▪ Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
▪ Customer-oriented communication skills
▪ You should be able to multitask and prioritize.
▪ We also expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially
▪ Excellent communication and consulting skills
WORKPLACE CIVILITY REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES:
▪ Represents the company with a positive demeanor both internally and externally
▪ Participates fully as a team member, completing all requirements assigned in a timely manner
▪ Treats all employees, patients, and vendors with dignity and respect
▪ Works cohesively with team members and all co-workers
▪ Displays a positive attitude through supportive behaviors, problem-solving, and
communication skills, (both verbal and written communication)
▪ Acts in a professional manner at all times to maintain a positive work environment
▪ Utilizes excellent written and oral communications skills
▪ Maintains a professional client relationship to properly represent Broward Urology Center
and facilitate repeat business
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. On occasion it may be necessary to do the following:
▪ Lift and carry or manipulate items of up to 25 lbs.
▪ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk,
bend, use hands, operate a computer over an 8-hour period.
▪ Incumbents must have specific vision abilities, including close and distance vision, and the
ability to adjust visuals while working with a computer and other business equipment
Reasonable accommodation may be offered to enable qualified individuals with a disability to
perform the essential functions of the job.
Broward Urology Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or expression, age, gender identity, pregnancy or
breastfeeding, disability, genetic information, marital status, protected veteran status, or other status
protected by state or federal law.