Role Description: Fabricator - Model Maker
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Status: Permanent and full-time
Location: Office-Based, London
Fabricator Model Maker to support a variety of day-to-day tasks, especially following the production and delivery of models/prototypes.
- Prepare files for production, 3D printing, laser cutting and other technologies;
- reviewing designs for feasibility and adjusting them to allow fabrication through the workshop workflows;
- Post-processing parts to obtain the best results, including sanding, priming, and painting;
- Taking care of the assembly of models and prototypes, keeping the workshop tidy while doing it;
- Preparation of files is done with industry-specific software such as Rhino, GrassHopper, Simplify3D, and Preform;
- Managing customers and their projects till delivery, following the fabrication process and using all the available machines in the workshop;
- Operating large format 3D printers and laser cutting machines, including maintenance
- Experience with Adobe Suite and 3D printing and modelling software, Rhino, Gcode, Simplify3D, Cura, and PreForm.
- Ability to follow a project to completion, curing the aspects of fabrication, assembly, and delivery.
- Knowledge of fabrication workflow and techniques, including 3D printing and laser cutting.
- Experience with architectural models
- Knowledge of workshop tools
- Time and organisational skills with good attention to details
- Proactive and the ability to work with teams
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Grasshopper;
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- Access to pension scheme
- Career development and training opportunities
- Diverse, genuinely friendly and informal working environment
- Weekly exercise classes
- Breakfast once a month
- Company-wide end-of-the-year performance-based bonus
- Enhanced family-friendly holiday and pay
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday