Have you ever wondered what happens to all those research papers, theses, and scientific literature produced at universities over the years? We did too! This is why we created IGOR^AI, our AI-powered technology search engine that finds solutions and innovations quickly and easily by reading millions of scientific publications, patents & webpages. We are looking for a technology & innovation scout in chemical and/or process engineering that is excited to work with IGOR^AI to help dozens of multinationals and SMEs to innovate more effectively.
We are looking for technology enthusiasts eager to work at an energetic startup, willing to learn a lot about technologies and celebrate each innovation we contribute to with slagroomtaart and by restoring coral reefs.
At Findest, you will work on various technical challenges from companies like Heineken, Decathlon, Unilever, Mars, Johnson & Johnson, etc. You will learn to use our internal search engine IGOR^AI to quickly get an overview of all technical solutions - and - dive into the details of those technologies. You will be at the heart of finding solutions to kick off our clients’s innovations.
As a Technology Scout, you will assist our clients through their innovation and R&D activities by:
- Meeting with the client to help them scope and define their research and technology questions
- Building & adapting search queries in IGOR^AI to retrieve all technological solutions.
- Translating scouted technologies to the context of the problem and generating a clear report with IGOR^AI
- Execute deep dive searches into IGOR^AI to extract various types of relevant information about the technologies (literature, requirements, supplier, etc.).
- Presenting technologies to our clients in a clear and simple way
- Furthermore, you will actively work together with our (AI) developers to continuously improve IGOR^AI and make your job, and that of other IGOR^AI users more effective.
- You have a strong background in Food and bio-technology at PhD level, or MSc. Level with 2 to 4 years of experience. Some chemistry knowledge is also a plus.
- You enjoy a client facing role and you are at ease presenting technical solutions to different clients, from managers to young R&D researchers. Experience manging clients is a plus,
- You are curious and enjoy working on smaller projects in different topics with a rapid pace
- You are quick to understand problems even when the question is blurry and to extract technical principles to generate reports for both engineers and non-technical individuals
- You are able to take on an helicopter view, and know when to (not) deep dive into a project..
- By nature, you are quickly finding the most relevant information in any search engine or knowledge repository.
- You are genuinely curious about new technology and product innovation in a broad range of applications and like to work on lots of topics with a rapid pace on a yearly basis.
- You are curious and eager to learn, you love Wikipedia, and are always open to new information.
- Fluent in English.
- You are located in the Netherlands.
- A good sense of humor!
Why should you apply?
- You will work on the most significant innovation challenges companies are facing such as biobased and circular chemistry or sustainable technologies.
- You thrive on the freedom and ability to help shape the organization.
- You are looking for a startup environment where you get responsibility quick, and learn fast.
- You don’t mind open and honest communication across the team.
- You want to contribute to the development of the IGOR^AI software actively.
- You love to become part of a rapidly growing and goal-oriented organization with lots of celebrative events.
- Enjoy excellent coffee, tea and a healthy lunch and a flexible work environment
- You will be incentivized to develop our company with us.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs