Application and Interview Period: May 22nd to June 10th.
The Short Version:
Flamingo develops solutions that make life easier for property managers and residents. For residents, this means an app with their building name and logo that lets them do everything from talking to their neighbors to paying rent to booking house cleaning etc. Our customers LOVE the platform. If you love startups, taking on ownership, and growing your skills quickly, this might be a fit. We are a scrappy startup and looking for a customer success manager to create more Flamingo superfans through amazing and proactive customer success management. How would you help us do this?
Here is a week in your life as a Flamingo Customer Success Manager
- Monday: Early meeting with the sales team to review newly signed contracts and complete handoff from sales to CS (you). Outreach to those accounts to plan their implementation, reconfirm their goals, and collect everything needed for a successful rollout of their app.
- Tuesday: Work with the product team and new customers to set up the new customer's app platform and complete implementation including product training via 1-to-1 or 1-to-many webinars. Review and analyze customer metrics from the previous week - e.g. event attendance, product use, surveys etc. and prioritize outreach to customers that need help.
- Wednesday: Review and analyze support emails and customer questions from the last week for insights. Meet with the product team to review feature requests, product utilization, new features, and to provide insight on needed features based on your customer conversations and reading of support emails. Take all these to create and/or update knowledge base articles.
- Thursday: All hands day - do everything from help interview/recruit new providers like House Cleaners to helping a customer decide on what resident events they should do the next month to actually helping to coordinate and plan the event for them. Work on self-development, take courses, or tackle big hairy ambitious moonshot projects or experiments.
- Friday: Feedback Fridays! Phone calls and emails to VIP accounts to gather feedback/concerns, update them on new product features, ask for referrals or reviews on G2, and to gather video and testimonials. Meet with marketing and sales to share customer success testimonials that they can use and identify/drive account expansion opportunities. End the day with a team happy hour. Go home home feeling like a freaking SUPERHERO.
Who We Are
Flamingo’s vision is to be the most complete community engagement, experience, and management solution. To do this, we have developed an all-in-one platform so property managers no longer have to use 10 different tools to manage their resident experience - communication, surveys, events, data analytics etc
Our Ideal Team Member
Part of ensuring we maintain our company culture is hiring individuals that share our values and meet our standards. We hire Superheroes - because we want to be surrounded by people that are remarkable and selfless - those people that grew up always wanting to help and ultimately make the world better. Are you a Superhero?
- S - Selfless
- U - Urgency
- P - Persistent
- E - Entrepreneurial
- R - Remarkable
- H - Humble
- E - Empathetic
- R - Responsible
- O - Outspoken
- E - Efficient
- S - Sincere
Flamingo will be a good fit for you if you are a Superhero. Meaning you are selfless, act with urgency, persistent to a fault, are entrepreneurial in being resourceful and adaptable, have something that is truly remarkable about you (work or non-work related), take ownership in that you are self-motivating, self-aware, self-disciplined, self-improving, act like a leader, don’t wait to be told what to do, pick up the trash lying on the floor etc.
The impact you’ll make by joining us:
Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Product Adoption: Help clients find immediate value and drive upgrades from the free tiers to the paid tiers.
- Product innovation: identify additional customer pain points that turn into new product features
- Increase revenue accounts and average revenue per account
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Increase overall customer satisfaction and health scores
Define and Optimize Customer Lifecycle
- Map customer journey - e.g. from account creation to full product adoption
- Manage listening points in the customer journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.)
- Standardize interventions for each point in the journey
- Define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and learn from best practices in industry
Manage Customer Success Activities
- Customer Support
- Customer Success Management
- Event Coordination for VIP Customers
- Partner with sales to drive Cross-sell / Up-sell - especially important in getting enterprise accounts (e.g. turning success with one building into an portfolio deal for that property management company)
- Advocacy and customer success stories for marketing initiatives
Measure Effectiveness of Customer Success
- Manage operational metrics
- Meet regularly with customers for feedback
- Review customer feedback with sales, marketing and leadership.
Enhance Effectiveness and Efficiency Through Technology
- Support systems
- Customer marketing software
- Referral, Reference and advocacy solutions
- Customer Success Management platform
Inspire Customer Success Across Company
- Create company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Align with Marketing around marketing to existing clients
- Align with Product around driving product roadmap
- Align with Sales around cross-sell and up-sell and focus on selling with a retention focus
- Align with Finance around measurement and forecasting
- Drive company-wide definition of ideal customer
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- 4-Year College Degree
- Excellent communication skills - writing, speaking, and listening
- Detail oriented and analytical
- People Pleaser
- Super Empathetic