A little bit about Flanks
Flanks is a Barcelona-based fintech company focused on wealth management services. Its main product is a SaaS solution that helps financial advisors, family offices, private banks and other institutions to have a holistic view of their clients’ financial assets while using the latest scraping technology. We’re currently building the benchmark in the Open Wealth industry, and so far, we managed to have compatibility with over 280 custodian entities.
Thanks to our clients, we continue to grow at a fast pace. We have multiplied our growth by six, built a presence in 11 different countries in the last 18 months. In August 2021, Flanks raised €2.3 million in an investment round led by JME Ventures and SeedRocket 4Founders Capital to accelerate our market expansion.
In order to accelerate our market expansion in Europe and Americas, we would like to count on you to also grow (personally and professionally) with us.
Flanks’s values are:
- People first: To us, the most important thing is for “Flankers” to feel at ease, for them to get involved in a project and feel part of the team.
- Keep growing: Our team believes that people growing in lockstep with the company is essential, both personally and professionally.
- Think twice, act once: We like to think about all the possible consequences for taking any decision that could affect the team or our clients.
If you’re looking to grow professionally, you’re a native German speaker, and you are a sales-oriented person who loves challenges, this is your opportunity!
About the role
As a Business Development Manager for the DACH market (Germany, Austria, German-speaking Switzerland), your primary responsibility will be to identify sales opportunities by actively engaging with potential customers through various outbound campaigns. Your role will involve profiling these prospects, understanding their specific needs, and driving new business for the company. As a valued member of the Flanks’ Sales team, you will serve as the initial point of contact for numerous businesses. Through proactive engagement, you will generate excitement while carefully assessing and validating their business requirements so that you can position and sell the right solution for them.
- Identify and pursue potential sales opportunities within the DACH markets.
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs, preferences, and industry trends in the Austrian, German and Swiss-German speaking markets.
- Build and maintain a network of prospective clients through various channels, such as cold calling, networking events, and online platforms.
- Proactively engage with potential customers to generate interest and establish rapport.
- Conduct in-depth discussions and needs assessments with prospects to understand their specific business requirements.
- Present and demonstrate the company's products or services to potential clients in a compelling and persuasive manner.
- Collaborate with internal teams, such as operation, data and technical to ensure alignment between customer needs and company offerings.
- Develop and deliver tailored proposals, quotes, and presentations to potential clients, highlighting the value proposition and competitive advantages of the company's solutions.
- Negotiate and close sales deals, ensuring mutually beneficial agreements for both the customer and the company.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, customer interactions, and deal progress in the company's CRM system.
- Provide post-sales support and customer service to ensure client satisfaction and identify opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics in the DACH markets.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and contribute to the overall growth and success of the business in the Austrian, German and Swiss-German speaking markets.
Things we'd love to see on you
- Proven experience as a Business Development Manager or in a similar sales role, preferably in one of the German-speaking markets mentioned above.
- In-depth knowledge of such markets, including industry trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies, with the ability to apply them effectively in the DACH markets.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and target-driven, with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills to successfully finalize sales deals.
- Previous experience in the financial and technology sectors are a plus.
- You live in Barcelona City and/or close enough to work at the office twice/three times a week. Living in Spain is a mandatory requirement, and a non-negotiable requirement.
- Master’s degree in IT, Engineering, Sales or Business Management is highly preferred.
- Native German is required, as well as business fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages (Spanish, French, Italian…) is a plus.
What can we offer
We offer what we think is fair compensation for this role. In Flanks we say “people go first” and we mean it: we can promise you will not be left behind. We believe this is a really nice time to join the project, as we have a lot of challenges ahead, and you'll be an active part of this exciting journey. This is a full-time, permanent contract.
A non-exhaustive list of perks includes:
🚀 Fast-growing environment
💰 Interesting compensation system over performance
🏠 Office at 5 minutes from Sants Estació and Plaça Espanya.
🔆 Flexible working hours
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday
🍒 Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings (optional)
😎 Team building events (optional)
🙀 Personal holidays swap inside the same month
🏥 Health insurance options
💸 Flexible remuneration with Cobee (if applicable)
📚 Yearly training budget
The hiring process
This is how the usual hiring process looks like:
- You send us your resume, cover letter, etc.
- A chat with our Head of Sales, where we’ll dive deeper into your background, your possible fit, and where you’ll have the opportunity to ask any sort of questions.
- A second interview with your regional sales manager, where we will introduce you a little deeper to the world of Flanks. This is a good moment to ask any questions to prepare for your next call.
- We will put you in a role-play situation with our Head of Sales to see how you address the challenge we present you.
- A final meeting with our Head of Sales and CEO.
- We send you an offer.
If you think you meet most of the criteria described above, don’t hesitate to send us your CV and/or cover letter. We will be happy to hear from you!
Flanks is an equal opportunity employer that values character and capabilities, where people always come first.