Working within a test team who are responsible for all aspects of testing on integrated systems, the Senior
Test Engineer will be required to work with development teams, design architects, product owners, project
managers and sometimes the end users. Experience in V-Model and Agile test methodologies would be of
Testing will err towards system, end to end and user-acceptance testing but exploratory, automated and
component level testing are also highly valued. All of which will require a proficiency in the generation of test
cases, script’s and possibly test plans, integration with software components and communication skills to
provide feedback to the test/project/development teams.
The ability to comply with project deliverables and industry standards is highly valued.
● Being a Lead member of a System Test Team.
● Mentoring/leading junior members of the Test Team.
● Be able to contribute to Test Management planning and RAIDS management.
● Overseeing a Projects’ Defect Management process for their resolution.
● Static testing of project/test documents/requirements.
● Writing test cases.
● Preparing test scripts.
● Deploying systems for test execution.
● Executing test cases.
● Providing feedback to the development/project delivery teams.
● Scheduling test activities.
● Maintain and manage test equipment/test environments.
● Maintain generic test documentation and offer guidance on any bespoke test documentation.
● Work with peers in Development, Program Management and Design teams.
● Contribute to a service minded and customer centric approach.
● The ideal candidate would have experience of software testing, tools and practices.
● Evidence of 5+ years of System Test roles/experience.
● Evidence of system testing from planning through to delivery
● Customer facing experience is desirable.
● Experience of automated testing is desirable.
● ISTQB Foundation certification (or equivalent).
● ISEB Intermediate or ISTQB Advanced certification is highly desirable but not essential.
● Any knowledge/experience of transport or other ticketing systems, ATM’s etc. would be beneficial.
● Any additional qualifications in computing, engineering, science or testing fields would be beneficial,
e.g. Network Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics and Quality Assurance.
● MS Windows, MS Office.
● Defect Management - Jira.
● MSP experience/awareness.
● SQL experience.
● PC Literate - Very good knowledge of PCs, Windows and PC Networks.
● Working knowledge of networking and associated protocols.
● Knowledge of software development and test processes and best practices.
● Analytical problem solving and passion for quality together with excellent testing aptitude.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills.
● Ability to work in a demand-led environment showing both adaptability and problem solving skills.
● Must be prepared to work extra hours as required in order to achieve stakeholder satisfaction.
● Must strive for quality through meticulous testing and attention to detail.
● Passion for engineering and software testing.
● Knowledge/experience of config management would be advantageous.
● Knowledge of Testrail would be advantageous but training is provided.
● Experience in using Sharepoint would be advantageous but training is provided.