Flowbird delivers solutions for smart cities on the move. Our Smart Transport solutions can be seen in world-class cities including London, Edinburgh, Paris, New York, Sydney, Rome, Brussels and Toronto.
Flowbird is present in 4,000 towns and cities around the world. We employ over 1,000 people creating and delivering effective, high quality solutions for our clients.
Our market leadership is underpinned by a continuous drive to innovate and push the frontiers of what is possible in order to make our customers more successful. As a result, we are a thriving business that is investing strongly and building the team for both new opportunities and supporting existing ones.
Our UK headquarters is based in Poole on the Dorset coast with its bustling quay, some of the best beaches in the UK and a stunning natural harbour. There is easy access to the Dorset countryside, the New Forest and the spectacular Jurassic Coast. Our main office is 1 mile from Poole railway station with good public transport links and close to both Bournemouth and Southampton international airports.
There is a step change in the way that the public expects to consume transport services. Flowbird are committed to being at the forefront of this shift and so we have a need for a Technical Architect focused on design and delivery of the future Cloud-based systems and products for our next generation markets worldwide.
This role will be based in Poole and could involve travel to Paris and Besançon where part of the team will be located. The job will consist of refining, designing and supporting the delivery of new strategic systems, products and services from cradle to grave worldwide. Some travel to customer sites in the world may be required.
- Deliver software architecture solutions for project and product delivery as required
- Ensure that the high-level structure of software systems (architecture), it’s main components and interfaces are defined
- Define, update and refine artefact documentation as required to support development activities
- To be able to create, lead and review system design documentation and test processes.
- Advise and support the development and test teams, working within an agile environment to help them understand and implement solutions aligned with corporate product architectures and designs.
- Provide technical leadership of core products and their realization, ensuring that technical standards, documentation and processes are applied to all delivery artefacts.
- Resolve technical issues arising during the project lifecycle and after release.
- Provide technical sales support for new sales opportunities or initiatives and lead solution reviews before tender submission, both in terms of coherence and costs.
- Previous experience in an architecture role with demonstrable knowledge of design techniques
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks – e.g. TOGAF or Zachman would be beneficial
- Experience with embedded devices and software
- Ideally have worked on SaaS multi-tenant system with micro-service based architectures and API’s
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell days
- Up to 6% contributory Company pension scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Discounted gym membership with a company subsidy
- Six months Company sick pay
- Employee discounts
- Employee assistance programme available 24/7
- Flexible Benefits platform giving you the option to purchase additional benefits including critical illness cover, additional life assurance, dental insurance, health screening, cycle to work scheme, personal car leasing, breakdown cover, purchase of technology
- Paid Employee Volunteering days
- Hybrid working
- Additional Maternity / Paternity leave
- Free onsite car parking
- Free tea/coffee
- Part time roles will be considered
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs