Department: Central R&D
Reports to: Tribe Leader
Last update: 2023-06-29
Within Flowbird, the Squad Leader is responsible for the delivery of software evolutions made in
Main missions are:
- to ensure that their team has all the necessary elements for their work.
- By collecting inputs in advance: requirements, screen mockup, performance
- Checking the availability of the necessary tools and environments
- to steer the work of the team to achieve delivery in all aspects that this can cover:
- solution architecture and design;
- technical and functional specifications;
- planning of development and testing activities;
- Support from delivery to production and handover to the customer.
- to ensure the match between the needs expressed and the capacity of their team, in terms of
workload, competence and expected delivery date.
This job description is not exhaustive, the holder of the position may be required, at the request of
their management, to perform additional tasks.
In the preparatory phase
- Check the completeness of the requirements
- Identify potential risks and interactions with other topics
- Estimate costs
- Manage scoping and specification activities
- Break down into tasks and plan the work taking into account all constraints
Business planning and activity management
- Organize the Kick-off
- Drive solution design activities
- Ensure the motivation and management of the team on a daily basis
- Monitor the progress of the team's activities
- Coordinate with other teams and internal customers
- Check the completeness and consistency of deliverables (software, documentation ...)
- Anticipate risks and implement the necessary actions to avoid them or reduce their impacts
- Ensure the consistency of information in monitoring tools in order to allow consolidated
management at the Central R&D level (ticket status, estimated / spent time, and availability of
- Communicate regularly on the progress of topics with a level of detail adapted to the situation
(keep it short when everything is under control)
- Escalate to their manager when problems cannot be solved within the team
Autonomy & responsibilities:
The Squad Leader organizes the work of their team in accordance with the defined processes and
using the tools recommended by the organisation. Nevertheless be proactive in suggesting ways to
They are responsible for the delivery of developments to production and responsible for meeting
deadlines, scope and quality of deliverables.
They must identify in advance all the means necessary for achieving the delivery objectives. (tools,
environments, additional resources, training needs ...) but they’re not responsible for the provision of
They must identify potential problems, define solutions and apply them immediately or escalate if
The Squad Leader is not expected to define the technical architecture of the solutions but can
participate according to their skills.
- Fluent English
- Agile development methodologies
(Scrum, Kanban …)
- Development planning tools
- Architecture of micro-service-based
systems, including network and
- CI/CD tools and concepts
- Tools and concept of micro
containers and virtual infrastructures
- Tools and concepts for software
testing and systems integration
- Relational database and NoSQL
- Distributed version control tools
- Having previous experience in
software development is a plus
- Business planning (Sprint, Kanban,
Gantt, ) in corporate tools
- Analysis of needs and identification of
interdependencies, risks, ...
- Plan construction
- Preparation, facilitation and
documentation of meeting results of all
types (Workshop, Progress/Tracking,
Retrospective, Reporting, Information)
- Follow-up of actions
- Participation in reviews of specs, code
- Writing and analysis skills
- Definition and production of KPIs
- Resource management (capacity
management but also people
Essential behavioural qualities:
- Clarity in communication
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Management of priorities (customer
- Ability to solve problems
● Internal interface:
o The Squad Leader is in contact with internal customers such as Product Managers or
o They interact with other R&D team leaders (dev, test, …) as needed.
o They are in daily interaction with the members of their team and the members of the
delivery structure to whom they report.
● External interface:
o Occasionally, the Squad Leader may need to be in contact with clients during phases
such as responding to bids, demos, and acceptance testing.
o On the other hand, they are in daily contact with external service providers involved in
● Higher education in computer science is essential.
● A Master's degree or Engineering Degree in Industrial Computer Science or Web
Development is desirable
● A few years of experience in software development is required (3 years).
● Experience in project management is a plus
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs