Bella Vista / Sydney, Australia
Competitive + Bonus
Foods Connected is a cloud-based software platform that helps retailers, suppliers and food businesses globally manage their supply chain, quality control and trading & planning management. As a team, we provide tools that help our customers manage their processes in a fast and efficient way and provide real-time visibility and reporting on what is happening in their business.
At Foods Connected, we recognise that our employees are our most important asset and we value creating a great working environment to ensure our team enjoy coming into the office every day working together and solving problems for our customers. Whether we are in the middle of a fast and intense development sprint, on a team Skype call discussing our project statuses or enjoying a game of ping-pong or pool in the office, it is important to us that our employees are happy and delivering the best possible result for our customers.
We’re always keen to welcome talented individuals to join our team. So if you’re a natural planner, driven, with a passion for driving forward simple software solutions, creating great user experiences and customer satisfaction through organised, well managed processes then we’re looking for you!
With our business growing rapidly, we need to have senior leadership in our teams around the world, so that our teams and our customers have a primary point of contact to look to for guidance, ideas and support. We are looking for a Business Director in Australia to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures in our Australia, New Zealand and Asia markets.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals. Very strong customer management skills will be essential since the Business Director is the one expected to be the primary point of contact for our current retailer customers senior management in the region and new large customers. At the same time, they will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills for our current team to ensure they are fulfilling their maximum capability in delivering for the business strategy.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
• Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in Australia, New Zealand & Asia in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
• Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
• Manage, develop, grow and lead the team in Australia to fulfil the needs of the business strategy and service the demands from our customers.
• Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
• Source new business with current and new customers guiding the team through the process from sales to agreement to implementation and post project support.
• Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
• Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
• Act as the figurehead of the company in ways that strengthen its profile in the region
• Proven experience as a Business Director or other managerial position
• Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
• Experience in leading and growing a team in a lean customer driven process.
• Strong experience in business development strategies, customer engagement and customer negotiation
• Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
• Strong understanding of finance and measures of performance
• Familiarity with management best practices
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Previous experience in the software sector is desirable but not mandatory
• Previous experience in the food industry is desirable but not mandatory
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including:
• Performance bonus
• Private medical care
• Superannuation contribution
• Flexible working hours