At Future, we believe the fight against climate change is personal. We are on a mission to democratize climate-smart living and make it easy to do what’s right for the planet, inspiring the shift to low-carbon products and services with outsized financial incentives. Good for your wallet. Good for the planet.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a Head of Growth who will lead our marketing team, increasing awareness, adoption and use of Future's tools to slash carbon, save cash and earn rewards. In this role you will be a champion of the Future brand, working with your team across all marketing channels to drive key results for the company.
The Head of Growth will initially report to the CEO, with opportunity to grow our marketing team over time. In this role you will manage a remote team, including our social media, messaging and marketing design team members and content freelancers.
Regarding location: The CEO and our headquarters are near Washington DC. This job could be done remotely.
- Recruit, manage and retain a best-in-class marketing team, covering key marketing channels and goals. Much of this team will be remote.
- In collaboration with the executive team, define the Future brand and ensure that it is consistently communicated across channels
- Prioritize earned/unpaid media as a key acquisition channel to maximize reach and keep customer acquisition costs low
- Track marketing results vs. OKRs and communicate in an ongoing way with company leadership
- With a data-driven mindset, continuously improve and optimize across all channels to increase results (acquisition, engagement, retention) while reducing marketing costs
- Drive creative marketing campaigns that connect to our passion for fighting climate change, and inspire the company
- Collaborate closely with the product team to ensure that our products reflect the Future brand, and are fine-tuned to support customer acquisition and engagement
- Collaborate with other company functions to support a great customer experience, and ensure that handoffs between various consumer touchpoints are smooth
- Stay closely in tune with our competitors and how the overall market is evolving
- Stay aware of the latest trends in climate and fin-tech
Together with your team, you will operate marketing efforts across all channels:
- Increase awareness of Future and our products by managing our PR efforts, including external agencies (in close collaboration with the CEO)
- Manage social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) to reach target markets, acquire users and support the company brand
- Manage ongoing engagement messaging streams, including email, text-messages and app notifications, to retain customers and increase engagement
- Manage content marketing and Search Engine Optimization efforts, publishing high quality unique content on our website to drive earned-media traffic from search engines
- Operate FuturePrize drawings, including prize announcements, winner announcements, and drawings – driving maximum viral marketing benefit from prize drawings
- Work closely with our partnerships team to support partner marketing and drive results from partnerships, including customer acquisition
- Operate referral channel, in which existing members get incentives to share Future with their friends and colleagues
- Design all marketing assets for use across channels (with a marketing design team that reports to you)
- As needed, run paid campaigns, either through in-house resources or agency partners
- 8+ years experience in growth/marketing, with consumer-focused Internet/app marketing preferred
- 4+ years experience with direct people management, including remote management
- “T-shaped” marketer preferred, with significant depth in one or two channels (e.g. email, SEO, social, partner, paid), and some exposure to all channels
- Experience in fin-tech is a plus, particularly with credit or charge cards
- Experience with marketing native mobile apps preferred
- Experience with viral marketing channels and campaigns preferred
- Experience working in agile software development environments is preferred
- Quantitative/analytical skills required
- Strong and versatile communicator, across many different audiences and levels of experience/understanding
- Demonstrated interest in fighting climate change
We care much more about what you’ve done, and the ideas you have, than the academic degrees you may hold.
You are concerned about climate change and are committed to inspiring millions of people from all walks of life to take the fight against climate change into their own hands and make a measurable difference. You appreciate that most families can’t afford a Tesla, switch to solar power or buy Oatly non-dairy milk and are intrigued about making climate-smart life choices more accessible for all.
Future offers competitive compensation. Future is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.