At Future, we believe the fight against climate change is personal. We are on a mission to democratize climate-smart living and make it easy to do what’s right for the planet, inspiring the shift to low-carbon products and services with outsized financial incentives. Good for your wallet. Good for the planet.
We are a VC-backed startup and are looking for team members who are as excited as we are to make a difference.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to help build our technology platform, shape our engineering culture, and set us up for growth. Ideally, you have the following technical experience:
- Deep understanding of the architectural principles to develop scalable solutions. You have developed multiple backend solutions in the consumer space and expert in the nodejs ecosystem, databases (ideally MongoDB or SQL-based), and event-based solutions platforms. You can articulate architectural design choices.
- You understand the value of containerization and have experience with Kubernetes.
- You strongly believe in code over architecture-by-ppt and have the skills to put your ideas into code efficiently.
- You have a hands-on experience with the AWS ecosystem.
- You have experience in developing unit and integration tests and deeply understand how to reduce release times using test and deployment automation. You are familiar with DevOps practices and the know-how to implement them.
- You appreciate the importance of security at the code and infrastructure level and know what you don’t know.
For us, technical leadership implies that you enjoy leading by example with your hands in code. At the same time:
- You have led teams as an engineering manager or technical team lead
- You understand the value of agile engineering processes and how to establish a culture of high performance
- You know when to delegate and how to coach
- You have had experience working with or leading outsourced teams
A plus for us is:
- You’ve worked in a consumer-facing startup before
- You have had experiences in fintech or the traditional financial services industry
- Have basic experience with Python and have experience with integration of AI solutions
What we offer:
- We are an entirely remote company and offer maximum flexibility on how and when to get your work done.
- We offer a competitive salary mix of base, performance bonus, and equity. We also provide a comprehensive health insurance package and unlimited PTO.
- You will work with a group of talented and experienced people who care about making a difference.
- This role will report to the CTO, an experienced, globally recognized tech leader. We care about your personal growth and have the experience to support you.
- We value your expertise and proven track record more than degrees.
We care much more about what you’ve done, and the ideas you have, than the academic degrees you may hold.
You are concerned about climate change and are committed to inspiring millions of people from all walks of life to take the fight against climate change into their own hands and make a measurable difference. You appreciate that most families can’t afford a Tesla, switch to solar power or buy Oatly non-dairy milk and are intrigued about making climate-smart life choices more accessible for all.
Future offers competitive compensation. Future is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.